Stirrings

So, I'm not that great at writing for Thorin, but I tried my best. Please vote and comment to let me know how I'm doing. Thanks!
  Robin

They were leaving. At the butt crack of dawn. If someone had told her that she would be roused from her sleep at three in the morning she would have laughed, she guarded her sleep like a mother bear protecting her young. It was how she made it through the day without snapping, a tired Authora was a force to be reckoned with. So, it was here that she found herself in a company of sleepy dwarves following a grumpy Thorin Oakensheild out of Rivendell and into the Misty Mountains on this gay spring morning. She had only enough time to pack the essentials, an extra pair of trousers and tunic, a few rolls of bandages, some athelas that she had in her possession, a random brush, a few handkerchief's, and where ever there was room for a dagger or two. She had pulled on her warmest garments, realizing that the mountains were going to be more than chilly this time of year. She had snuck into the kitchen and snatched up as much food as she could lay hold of, knowing that dwarves have large appetites after a long day of traveling. She noticed that there was a large amount of food already missing from the kitchen, which she attributed to Nori having already made his rounds. It hadn't taken her long to join up with the rest of the group in a small courtyard near the exit to the Misty Mountains. Thorin had started out as the leader as they left the Last Homely House east of the Sea, but once Rivendell was no longer in sight he had relinquished the reigns to Balin who was much more familiar with the lands about them. They had been traveling for hours, and the wizard was still no where in sight. She tried to keep their spirits up with tales of the mountain Giants, the people that had once dwelled peacefully among the slops, and the stories of how the world had come into being.

"Master Baggins, I suggest you keep up." Thorn called over his shoulder as he followed after his elderly friend.

(Back in Rivendell)

"You will follow them?" Galadriel asked.

"Yes."

"You are right to help Thorin Oakenshield. But I fear this quest has set in motion forces we do not yet understand. The riddle of the Morgul blade must be answered. Something moves in the shadows, unseen, ridden from our sight. It will not show itself, not yet. But every day it grows in strength. You must be careful."

"Yes," he replied turning to walk away from the trio.

"Mithrandir? Why the halfling and the half-elven?"

"The Hobbit? I don't know. Saruman believes that it is only get power that can hold evil in check. But thesis not what I have found. I have found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk, that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and-and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I am afraid, and he gives me courage."

"And the half-elven?"

Gandalf looks up at Galadriel a sad smile on his face, "You could say it is her brave face that she puts on, or it could be that deep down in her heart I see someone who would be willing to loose everything for someone who she has come to love. To sacrifice everything. She gives me hope for Thorin when he reaches the mountain."

"Do not be afraid, Mithrandir," Galadriel's voice spoke softly in his head, "Though they do not know it now, her love for him will save him in the end."