Chapter 10

• Taylah's P.O.V •

"That'll be Nate!" I sigh heavily in relief as the sound of the doorbell echoes through the house.

I jump up and quickly walk through the hall and to the front door. Opening it, I see the familiar blue eyes.

"Nate!" I grin and throw myself into him, giving him a massive ear hug.

"Taylah!" He yells in a high pitched tone, mocking me.

I slap his arm playfully and he pretends that it hurts.

"Dork," I roll my eyes at his behaviour and we walk in, joining Kendall and Sam. Who seem to be having a stare off.

"So," I cut off the silence. "What we going to do?"

Sam, Kendall and Nate say nothing. I look back at my brother and see his head buried in his phone.

I sigh, clicking my fingers directly infront of Sam's eyes, making him snap out his trance.

• Sam's P.O.V •

Kendall. Name sounds familiar. Very familiar.

I walk along with Grace in silence, thinking of this 'Kendall'.

We reach Taylah's front door and we both walk in. Me, being the gentleman I am, let Grace walk in first. Her dark brown hair resting on her back.

She walks into the living room first and as soon as our butts touch the soft sofa material, the doorbell chimes.

"Excuse me," Taylah pardons herself and walks to the door, answering it. I hear her voice and another talking away. Then footsteps coming towards the room.

They both enter and my eyes widen at the boy standing infront of me. Kendall Lane. He was at my old school. Man, was he popular. He would send Skylar to come 'talk to me'. Here's something for ya... There wasn't much talking involved.

"Kendall, this is my best friend, Sam. Sam this is Kendall. I told you about him." Taylah looks inbetween the two of us.

"Hey," Kendall holds out his hand.

"Hi. Taylah told me about you," I plaster a fake smile on my face.

"Nice," Kendall smiles at me.

My jaw clenches, no longer afraid of him. There's no Skylar here, is there?

Taylah looks at us, the air becoming awkward and tense.

The doorbell then goes again, and Grace quickly jumps up and walks to the door.

I look at Kendall to see him staring right through me. I stare back and narrow my eyes.

I'm pretty sure Taylah likes him already. I don't like her in that way or anything, but she's my best friend, I'm looking out for her.

Something about Kendall just doesn't feel right.