Catalog

You couldn't be more perfect if she'd picked you out of a catalog.

- The Wedding Date

That's exactly how they were. Just unlike in the movie, it was the guy that picked the girl. He was the one that singled her out among all the photos of girls presented to him from a plastic binder.

He chose her because of her carefree smile. She also looked like someone who would patiently listen to what he has to say and it didn't hurt that she's cute with big eyes that scrunched on the side when she smiles.

Or maybe it's because he felt something for her. That, as he stared at her photo he knew he just had to talk to her... to hear her voice. See what she's like. Would his arm rest perfectly on her shoulders?

Probably it's the curiosity.

Then there's that familiarity because he'd seen her before at one of those workshops when he just started with Viva. He didn't get to talk to her, but she had made her presence known and that stuck to him.

And that's a problem.

When they've finally been introduced at the music video shoot of his first single he was done for. He was enamoured. He couldn't stop thinking about her. And what luck when after a few months he got paired with her for a movie. And now, another one.

She's something. Something he longs for.

Her eyes not only scrunch up on the sides when she smiles but also light's up bright and he'd give anything to see that.

Her voice, he longs to hear every single day.

And worst of all, she fits perfectly in his arms.

Why did it have to be her?

"Di ko rin alam bro. Maybe you can chuck it up to destiny."

"Huh?" James was bewildered.

"You were kinda talking to yourself. You're in love with her." Joseph motioned his head to where Nadine was currently shooting a scene.

James replied soflty, "No, no."

"Yeah, go ahead. Keep telling yourself that." And took a swig of his coke.

Damnit.

He's right.