Training & Holding

Start from the beginning

I was shocked, he'd given the locket to me? "You? You gave me this?" I pointed to the locket still in his tanned hand. "But, well I'd thought-"

"Let me guess, you'd thought my lil sis gave you this, huh?" He dropped the locket and chuckled. "Nope, you thought wrong, V." He tossed me the box on his desk and chuckled. "But this, this is from her."

The box was heavy and as soon as I'd lifted the lid, I knew why. Inside was a beautiful silver dagger with golden brass furnishings on top of a sky blue painted stone. Everything about spoke of magic and the gods.

Thank you. I spoke in my head, hoping she would hear it from where ever she was.

"You are welcome, child. This dagger's name is Frai. She is very ancient an powerful, she knows who her master is so if you ever happen to lose her- don't fret, she isn't far off and will always be found." Artemis replied solemnly. She didn't stay in my head for long, and I realized she was still angry with my decision to disobey her. ~the external link will take you to what Frai looks like! So check it out~

Sighing, I ran a hand through my limp hair and buckled Frai on to my hunting belt before turning back to Apollo. "So, you still haven't answered any of my questions. Is Penelope still here?"

"No." He sighed and leaned back in his chair, no trace of any lie on his face. "No, she left yesterday, told Calvin (the security) that she had to travel east for a little while. She'll be back soon though, she always is."

My stomach churned. "You just let her wander the world by herself? Why?! She's not-"

"-Not old enough?" Apollo snorted and rolled his eyes. "Man, you really have been apart from her for too long. Olivia, your sister is one of the toughest girls I know, and that's saying something since I hang with Artemis's hunters a lot." He smirked at this, but kept talking. "You need to understand, she's not the girl you once knew, it's been years since you have seen her last. People change."

My stomach churned and I sunk low in the chair. I was exhausted. Exhausted not only from staying up for two nights straight, but emotionally exhausted. I'd tried so hard to find Penny, I'd come so close, only to find that she was somewhere in the East Coast doing gods know what. "So that's it then..." I put my head in my hands and sighed, rubbing circles into my temples, my head suddenly felt as if it weighed 10,000 pounds.

Apollo stood from his seat and rested a tanned hand on my forehead, a little worried. "You have a fever. When was the last time you slept? Or took a shower for that matter?" His tone was teasing, but real worry for my well being was badly masked behind those words.

I tried to remember back to the last time I'd slept, but couldn't remember. "What time is it?"

"It's seven thirty in the morning, Olivia." He sighed and looked into my eyes. "When was the last time you slept? Try to remember."

My mind was so heavy, it was hard. I thought back to last night, I'd been on the train until morning then walked here, the previous night Orion had died, it was all my fault. The night before I'd tried to get some sleep, but it was too hot. When was the last time I'd slept? Then I remembered, the night we'd slept in the tents after killing Medusa. Had it really been four days? My head was spinning, the lost sleep was starting to come crashing down on me.

I was pretty sure the only way I'd been able to keep myself going was from the little hour or two naps I'd taken on the way to the Parthenon. "Four days ago..." I muttered, eyes heavy.

"Four days?" Apollo chuckled and threw his head back. "Wow, well that's the first thing you need to do, get some sleep, follow me, I have a room in here for you."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the comfy chair then lead me down the glass tiled hall. We passed many rooms that held different things such as weight rooms, sculptures, dining halls, it looked more like a house than a training facility for the mafia. "This isn't really a Mob hangout, is it." I stated.

Apollo grinned at me over his shoulder and chuckled. "You heard about that huh? Aha! No, that's just what mortals think it is. Really it's just my Earth palace. It's despised as a training ring, but I do have boxing arenas and judo's in here."

"Huh..." Was all I managed to say, ever since Apollo had asked me about how long it had been since I'd gotten sleep, I've felt more tired than I ever have in my life.

He continued to lead me down the halls and took me up a flight of stairs then made a left. The smooth laminate flooring suddenly turned into carpet and the hall was not as wide, nor was it made of glass. Instead it was painted in a cream colored wallpaper and lined with the occasional oak wood door.

Pulling me along, he lead me to a deep brown stained door. On this door was a brass sign engraved in large, elegant letters: Olivia Smith. That's my name. "That's my name?" I pointed at it curiously, why did he have a room dedicated to me?

Apollo chuckled and grinned, pointing to a door across the hall which was similar, but the brass held a different name: Penelope Smith. "Yes, I have rooms for both of you, it was a mutual decision between Artemis, Scarlett, and I. Like a sort of safe haven for you girls if Zeus were to ever find out about you."

"He did find out about us." I snapped at his cheerfulness. "He did and yet Penny and I were left to live on the streets completely by ourselves."

Frowning, Apollo turned to face me. "What do you mean? I grabbed Penelope right when I'd found out about the crash. I couldn't even find you. That was your mother's doing. Artemis cast her 'night' over you once more, completely shadowing me from you. She said it was better for you to be as far away from everything until you were older."

His words made me feel bad for what I'd said. It's not like he'd purposely left me behind... Artemis thought I was tough enough to live on the streets when my Gran died. I didn't know if I should be angry that she'd left me without a home or proud that I'd met her expectations. "I'm sorry. I had no right to question you..." I nodded towards my father and he smirked lightly.

"It's fine, really. Just get some sleep." He chuckled and pushed the door open for me. I walked in and looked around at the dark room in awe. The walls were painted a dark blue to almost resemble a brightly lit night, the carpet was a dark brown, the curtains lining the window which had a seat so one could gaze at the night sky, were a thick white material and were currently closed to shut the light of the new day out.

In the center of the room was a queen sized midnight blue bed with white pillows that looked like the most heavenly thing in the world. "Thank you... Dad." I formed the foreign word with a small smile causing him to flash his 10,000 watt smile.

"You know, my favorite part is the ceiling. But I think it would be better with just the Sun." He shrugged and turned to leave, but not before pulling something out of his pocket and turning back to me. "Oh, I almost forgot....this is for you. Read it when you wake up, kay?"

Throwing myself onto the extremely comfy bed, I was already fading out of consciousness. My vision was fading so fast, I barley had any emotion when me eyes read of the envelope of the letter, scrawled on the yellowing paper was the word: Olivia, in messy, yet familiar writing.

Hey guys! SO Here is the the next chappie! it came early because guess what?? I got my inspiration back! And wanna know how? I'm going back to the roots of Percy Jackson, pretty much everything else we will be encountering will be based off the book :)

Since this is early, I don't know when the next update will be, it may not be sunday, but I promise that if I don't update on Sunday, I will most definitly update before next wednseday!

love you all!

xoxo Jess