Chapter 2

It was third period, biology. I sank into my chair and stared out of the window. Until now not much had happened. A few insults here, a few pushes there. Not like the usual treatment. No punch, no kick, no nothing. That wasn’t a good sign. It definitely wasn’t. I let out a quiet sigh watching the birds fly around. They were free. They could go anywhere while I was stuck in this place. The way they moved their wings, the way they moved in the air. Everything they did had a reason. They protected their children with their life. They protected their friends. They accepted each other. Not like us humans. We always look for someone who we can harass, who we can exclude. We always look for the bad in someone, for the mistakes just so we can have our fun on their costs. We try to hide our own mistakes by pointing out others. If someone's not like us, it's a reason to push him down to the ground and hurt him. Physically and mentally. What is wrong with us? What we do is barbaric. Hurting each other so we can feel better. Why? Why do people do stuff like that? I glared at the birds. One of them seemed like staring at me. It was weird. Then he flew away. Like he wanted to say:”Ha! See, Colby! I can fly away! I can go everywhere! I don’t have that pathetic life of yours!” Even animals had a better life than me. The only good in my life were my dad and my brother. The both of them were always there for me. They always accepted me for who I truly am and never judged me. And they won’t. Because they love me. They were probably the only ones who did but it was something. At least I would always have two people who'd love me the way I am. That was worth more than anything else.

When the bell rung I shoved my stuff into my bag and walked out of the classroom. Only five more periods and I’ll be out of here. I walked to my locker, put the books I didn’t need any more into it and started to head towards my next class. Spanish. One of the few classes I actually liked. Especially because of our teacher. She was so kind and funny. I even would consider her as some kind of friend. She was always there for me and helped me. She listened to my problems and questions and tried to answer them. I strode through the hallway pushing people out of my way. I was only a few feet away when suddenly happened what I’ve been waiting for the last three periods. Someone smacked the books out of my hands and pushed me hard against the lockers. My head pounced against them and I took in a sharp breath. I opened my eyes to see Bianca. Of course. Who else should’ve done that?! Bianca was the head cheerleader. Blonde, blue eyes, 5’6, great body. She held a look of disgust on her face while cleaning her hands with some paper towels.

»Ew… Cooties…« She said loud earning a laugh from everyone around us. I glared at her. The tears were building up in my eyes begging to fall down my cheeks. But I wouldn’t give her the satisfaction of seeing me cry. »Stop checking me out, dyke.« She spat before smirking. »You better not dream about this.« She stopped for a second letting her hand glide across her body before continuing:»Because it’ll always be a dream. And you know why? Because I’m not a freak like you.« She mustered me with her eyes before laughing at me. Of course everyone, including the bunch of bimbos she always walked around with, started laughing, too. She was the queen bee. What did you expect? That everyone was on my side? The side of the lonely, little, girl? Right. Life isn't a movie or a book where everythings fine. Shooting stars don't make your dreams come true and there's no prince on a white horse to get you and help you out of your horrible situation. I already learned how hard life can be. Life's a bitch. But not only one who stabs you in your back when you don't expect it to happen, no. Life's the kind of bitch to always push you down. No matter how much it already hurt you. It always finds a way to do even more damage to you. It always finds a way to steal your happiness and to break your heart. That's simply how it is. Without actually realizing it I rolled my eyes at her. But unlike me she noticed. »What? Did she seriously just roll her eyes at me?!«

»Oh I think she did, B.« A black haired girl behind her said. Within a second Bianca was in my personal space staring down at me. Yep. She was taller than. Three inches to be exact. Her facial expression was one you wouldn’t like to see in a million years. It was one you’d only expect the devil to have. Wait. The devil was right in front of me. Sorry. My fault. Anyways. We were staring at each other. She in fury, me in fright. She pushed me back against the locker before hitting me hard. The left side of my face was pounding and I was about to fall to the ground when she held me by my collar and pushed me against the locker. Her jaw was set firmly and placed her mouth next to my ear.

»Be careful, Johnson. Your little friend isn’t here anymore to save you, bitch.« She whispered with venom. My whole body froze at the mentioning her. The only real friend I’ve ever had. Bianca pulled back, a smirk playing at her lips. »You better do as I said.« She said before spitting in my face and stalking off with her clique. Now that the little show was over everyone started to walk away. I sank to the ground burying my head in between my knees and started to sob uncontrollably. Why did she have to say that?! I already thought about her every day. There was no need to mention her once again. And like always I drifted off into memories of the two of us. Of me and my only real friend.

I probably sat there for twenty minutes before I finally stopped crying. I stood up, pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted my dad.

-Hey, dad. I’m going to visit Mary after school so I’ll come about twenty minutes later.

-Love, Colby.-

I pressed the send button before walking towards my class. Only five more periods… Only five…
____________________________________________________________

2. Chapter, huh? :P
Hope you liked it and yeah... Just felt like writing something since I'm bored as hell and needed to calm down a bit...
I'll probably update in one or two weeks. Depens on how much I'll have to do. So... See ya! ^_^

Maeggaey xx