Chapter Twelve

(WARNING: INCOMING SEXUAL CONTENT.)

I woke up drenched in sweat. Pants escaping me. Tears rolling down my face. Body tremulous.

Pressing my palm against my chest as my heart pounded in hard, thumping beats, I attempted to regain any composure to be found. This night terror wasn't like all of the others. It was the horrifying concoction of everything I had fucked up in my life. My mom, my friends, my used-to-be boyfriend, my Cole; but it seemed all too real to be just another nightmare.

Being too vivid for thought and too painful for recollection, I leaned over and flicked on the small lamp beside the bed. I was greeted by an ugly plaid comforter bunched up around my midsection. This place is so repulsive, so sketchy - but at least it was desolate. The solidarity alone was enough to keep me confined.

In a matter of words: I didn't want anyone to find me.

All I ask for is to bore my punishment in humble silence. By punishment, of course I mean the hatred Cole will feel once he knows the truth. Nichole probably told him, my subconscious hissed. Instead of crying, I just glanced over at the alarm clock. The numbers 4:23 am splayed across in bold red. Debating whether or not to get up or hibernate some more, I chose the latter.

My eyelids weighed a million pounds, but my mind just kept wandering. Does my mom know where I am? Did Cole know my secret? Do they even care? What's going to happen after all of this? Will I even go home? God, they just kept popping up. Most related to Cole.

I wanted to just forget about him and his stupid perfection. His stunning blue eyes that widened in concern, feigning hurt. Those full, pink lips that I just wanted to press against mine...What? No, he's too good for me.

Shoving my face in a pillow, I groaned. Why did life have to be so complicated? And why wouldn't Cole go away? Oh, that's probably because I didn't want him to go away. Whether I'd like to admit it or not, I liked him. Like, like liked him. It had been a while since the notion of us appeared. That night on the roof, I could've swore I felt something more - and I had a hunch that he did too.

It's a shame that Alex had to butt in and ruin everything. I only used him to win, but even after the awkward sex I still only wanted Cole. Did I mention how awkward it was?

He had lead me through his large estate and went straight towards the bedroom. I was terrified to say the least, but I'm sure he was too busy thinking of about the things he was going to do to me. The thought of sex alone made my stomach tighten.

Slamming the door shut behind us, he continued to sloppily place kisses on my lips, cheeks, and even my forehead once. We sat on the bed and made-out for a while, and then his hand began to slowly inch from my back to my butt.

I didn't think anything of it at first. And then his palm moved to my thighs, inching inward. "Eager, are we?" I laughed against his mouth.

"You bet, baby," he breathed out in a lower voice. Bet.

God, I feel like such as slut right now. I could feel myself getting wet at the thought of Alex touching me...down there. Stupid body, you're betraying me! I couldn't help but think about what it'd be like if Alex was Cole right now...

Just as my brain processed the thought, Alex's lips trailed down my jaw to my neck. Allowing my head to fall back, he began to suck on the sensitive flesh. Immediately, I felt his fingers graze against the crotch of my shorts. The jean fabric seemed way too thin for comfort when a soft moan escaped my lips.

Alex froze in place and pulled back, his chocolate eyes filled with lust. I wasn't entirely sure what he was waiting for but then I saw his features. Hair tousled, chest rising and falling quickly, hungrily staring at me. So what did I do? I playfully chewed on my bottom lip - instantly seeing the effect it had on him - and smirked.