I Aint Mad At Cha ..

Start from the beginning

" Aight . You just make sure you taking care of your family son . "

" Shid I know what I'm doin . Where yo girl at ? "

" She out runnin errands . "

" So where them papers at ? "

I asked . He sighed rubbing his face before the door bell rang . I looked up as he went to the door and Liz looked at me with a confused expression . My pops was actin hella weird . An I know who ever this was that was here I didn't wanna see . Just then I heard her speak .

" Is Rashaun here yet ? "

She asked . I rolled my eyes patting Liz leg so she would get up . She sat up and sat next to me . I was pissed . He didn't call me over here to get no papers . He called me over here to talk to my moms . Maybe I should've taken Liz home . I shook my head putting my arm around her as I sat back on the couch . She walked in and my dad shut the door . They made their way over to the couch and sat across from me an Liz .

" I swear you look more an more like your father as you get older . "

" Not that you would know . "

" Rashaun . "

My dad warned . I sighed rubbing my face and looked down at Liz who looked uncomfortable and confused .

" Why the fuck you ask me to come here ? "

" Look Rashaun I know she aint been there but she still your mother . "

" Your mother ? "

Liz asked making everyone look at her even though she was looking at me .

" Baby you know just as much as I do . "

" You would know more if you let her explain . "

" What is there to explain ? You spose to be dead . "

She sighed

" Rashaun I know that . I should've never left you or your brother . But at the time that was my only option . I needed yall to be safe . "

" From what ? "

She paused taking a deep breath

" After your father and I broke up I left and started hanging out with the wrong people and started doing drugs . That lead to other things an before I knew it I was in too deep . "

She sighed

" The man I was with at the time had complete control over everything I did . So I had to do what I was told or get beat . Once he found out that I was trying to see you and your brother he told me if I ever tried to see you guys he was gonna hurt yall . I couldn't let that happen . I had no choice but to leave with him . I wrote your father a letter explaining everything . I left you and your brother to him . I didn't expect to be around much longer with all the things that man put me through so I told him it would be best if you guys thought I was dead . "

" So you left your kids ? Over a fuckin man ? "

" I know it sounds stupid but I knew what he was capable of . And if he hurt you boys I could never forgive myself . I had no choice . If I could change everything I've done I would in a heart beat . But I can only do what I can now . I understand your anger . But I hope you can forgive me . I know I left but I never stopped thinking about you . I truly am sorry . "

She whiped her tears

" Ray Ray I love you with all my heart . If I didn't I wouldn't be here now . I want us to start fresh . I wanna be around . I'm done with all that stuff . I miss my boys . "