Chapter 1 - Alley of Your Nightmares

"Where is my dinner!?"A loud monstrous growl echoes through the entire house. I whimper at its lifeless vibe and cocoon myself in my torn shirts as I crawl deeper into my wardrobe. Loud banging and screeching keeps me on my toes and I unvoluntarrily grab the closet door handle: my only barrier between her and me. As the door to my room loudly flies off its hinges, I inhale a sharp breath and prepare myself for my punishment.

Everything suddenly goes quet and I force myself to stop breathing. The faint tiptoe and the often screeching of the wooden floor is the only thing that lets me know of her presence. I guess I would've found that out eventually if she was quiet enough. The humid, hot air of my tiny closet is suffocating, meaning my breathing stays rapid and loud - not helping my situation.

I don't remember when or how I loosened my grip on the handle. My mother was either really strong or I was just way too carefree to notice. The door flies open, catching my severely bruised wrist and making me let out a hiss of pain.

Pain. Such a short and simple word, yet it can easily describe one's life. Pain is the word that describes most of my presence in this world.

I am soon yanked by my hair, my head flies upward and toward her raging face. From the close distance between us I can smell the potent fragrance of her favorite wine. Before I can even blink, a punch is thrown at my jaw, my side, my ribs, and my cheek.

I refuse to keep her entertained. If I die, then I die bravely.

"You disquisting, worthless, puny, pathetic, hideous, useless bitch!" A punch is thrown for every word she speaks. It doesn't hurt. I could have my whole face submerged in blood and I would feel nothing. What hurts is the fact that it is my own mother. Never loved, never will be. Hopeless.

=#=

"She's a cute one, eh? Too bad she passed out, could've had my fun while she enjoyed it too" A rough, scratchy voice entered my ears. My head is throbbing and I feel like death. It hurts to move.

The air around me is fresh, humid. Rain, I thought. My favorite kind of weather. My emotions, my life. It matches. My body is soaked, cold, wet, although I have no recollection of what happened or where I am.

My eyes slowly open with ease; it's not day. Once I focus on my surroundings I can hear the faint sound of crickets, city cars, and my own heartbeat. My eyes roam the narrow alley I am currently lying down near the two men who I'm guessing took me here. One of them had a long beard and a thick scar across his eye. He looked to be in his early forties. Nothing like my father.

The other was wearing a sly smirk, his eyes roaming my body as if I wasn't there to realize it. He looked younger. About 30. He had jet black hair and dark ghostly eyes that can haunt you in your worst dreams.

"Look who's awake," The younger one spoke up." This princess looks very lonely. How about we help her out?" He let out a raspy laugh.

The older one grinned evilly, showing off his set of pure golden teeth. He started making his way toward me while I crawled back on instinct. Shaking my head, my trembling body hit a wall and I was trapped. I instantly examined the walls and the ground, hoping to find something I can fight with. Better go down with a fight than not.

"Y-You don't want to do this, please!" I screamed. Then again, louder.

One of the men managed to straddle me, covering my mouth with his hand, his entire weight squishing my small but petite frame."Let's have some fun princess."He boomed.

I screamed and tried to bite him, kick him, punch him. My reach was then cut off when the other guy trapped my wrists and began tearing my clothes into shreds. My shoes, jeans, socks, shirt.

I ended up laying down on the cold, dirty sidewalk in only my undergarments, my mouth covered and wrists still trapped. One of them placed wet, slimy kisses on my neck, cascading down to my chest, stomach, and my thighs. My entire body was probably covered in hickeys and I felt disquisting.

Dirty, dirty, dirty.

I never dreamed of my innocence being taken away by rape, and I am not planning to lose it tonight. I screeched. Louder and louder. No one could shut me up. I tuned everyone out and made any loud noise I could. Someone...it takes one person to change this.

I felt punches being thrown at me, but I was concious. My pain was not physical. Mental, emotional. I, Paige Davis, will never go down without a fight. "Shut he fuck up, you bitch!" And, "This whore better lower her volume!" Floated around me, but I paid no attention and focused on being free. Being safe.

Minutes passed and no one came. I screamed, kicked. I was crying for someone to help. I am sure as hell no one will, though. Both men were trying to tug off my bra, to leave me topless. I cried. Loudly.

As I was about to have my innocence taken away right in front of me, I heard loud footsteps running on shallow water. Punches were being thrown, screams were echoing through my ears. All I could do was sit and expect another punch at any second.

I flinched when I felt a hand on my back and under my knees. I felt a warm presence pick me up bridal style and carry me away as I cried, wetting the stranger's shirt. He felt comfortable, soothing. In three years of nothingness, he actually felt like home.

I never thought I would actually say that again.