4. Hey Brother.

* Not edited *

June 21st, 2015.

Manhattan, New York.

Ivory's POV.

I can feel the sun shining brightly from behind my closed eyelids. "Urghh." I groan and roll over to burry my face into the warm pillow next to me. Wait a second, how did I end up in bed?

I replay everything that happened last night, Marshall and Eleanor, Hunter, Adam and Belle. He carried me to bed didn't he? I blush at the thought of Hunter's strong arms holding my small frame in his arms, close to his body. 

A knock on the door causes me to sit up. Clearing my throat I quickly tell him to come in. At the sound of my voice, the door opens and Hunter's head pops through. He looks at me with his steely blue eyes that draw you in. "Good, you're up." He then proceeds to open the door completely and reveals a small tray with food in his hands. I sit up. "I got you some breakfast." He says and sets the tray on my lap. Wow, waffles!  "Hunter they look amazing!"

"Yup, my moms recipe. They're peanut butter waffles." He exclaims happily. And with that, my smile fades. He notices and his eyebrows scrunch up in confusion. "What's wrong, you don't like peanut butter?" He asks unsurely. "Because I make mean chocolate chip waffles as well."

I smile sheepishly. "I'm allergic to peanuts. I'm sorry" I say, ashamedly looking away. I hear some shuffling and decide to look at him again, he sets the tray on the nightstand and sits on my side of the bed next to my stomach. "C'mon, let's get you some chocolate chip waffles" He says with a megawatt smile and pulls me up by my arms. I stumble onto my legs and try to keep up with his fast pace as he pulls me along.

Once we reach the kitchen, he picks me up by my armpits and sets me on one of the barstools as if I'm a child. Walking around the bar, he throws a cute smile at me.

"Are you ready to see the master at work?" He says while tying a black apron around his waist. "Yes I am." I reply and he starts mixing the batter again, mixing in some chocolate chips with his skillful hands. "Is there anything you can't do?" I mumble as he carefully pours the batter into the waffle iron. He closes the lid and places both his hands on the bar. "Thanks, but there are many things I can't do."

"Alright, what can't you do?" I question, quirking a brow. His face stays neutral as he tries to think of something he can't do. Then, his eyes light up. "I can't dance" he says, looking relieved to have found something. After his announcement, he brings his attention back to the waffles. Neatly, he piles three waffles on top of each other and throws some blueberries onto the plate. "D'you want some whipped cream?" He asks while opening the fridge.

"Yes please" I sing , unable to contain my excitement. With that, he squirts a huge tuft of whipped cream on my waffle. "Thank you" I dig in, shoving the waffles into my trap. I throw my head back and moan. He is one hell of a chef. "I presume that you like them?" He asks playfully. "Hell yeah."

****

When I'm finally done with my waffles, I wipe my mouth with a napkin and look up at Hunter. Him staring at me – once again – with his intense eyes. I raise an eyebrow in question. " A penny for your thoughts?"

He clears his throat. "Well, I was wondering how someone could throw you out like that. I mean look at you, how can someone be evil enough to throw out such a cute girl?" I blush at his compliment and mumble "I didn't pay rent for six months."

"And why is that?" He asks.

"Well, I'm currently paying off my college debt and I just graduated so I'm still in search for a job."