3. Beauty and the Beast.

* Not edited *

June 20th, 2015.

Manhattan, New York.

Ivory's POV.

I've always admired this building. Ever since freshman year of college when we had to write an essay on what we thought was the hidden gem of New York, I'd fallen in love with this construction. I'd fallen in love over and over again every time I passed on my daily morning runs.  The Walker Tower had always been my favorite building due to it's complex build. The color also differs a lot from all the other building in New York. It doesn't look like any other  building but still it was unique and loved in its own way. That's what I loved about it. 

I'm not an architect student, no far from it. I recently just received my master's degree in business administration. Five-and-a-half years of exams and essays and here I am. Drowning in student debt and unemployed. 

But for some reason, I have an unhealthy obsession with the Walker Tower. Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed that I would stand in it's elevator.

And on cue, the elevator dings and the doors open. My jaw drops, no way.

Hunter walk ahead of me, dumps my luggage on the floor and turns around to look at me. "You coming?" He asks with a questioning look on his face.

With my mouth still slightly agape , I nod and step out of the elevator. "Your penthouse..." Unable to finish my sentence.

"Not too shabby right?" He says, the corners of his mouth quirking upwards again. That smile again.

"Are you kidding me, it's amazing! 212 West 18th Street, Walker Tower. Four bedrooms and four bathrooms, one partial bathroom with two terraces." I exclaim.

His eyebrows are raised. "How do you know these things?" "I have a thing for the Walker Tower." I say, looking embarrassed. "What else do you know about my penthouse?" he wonders.

I look up at him, giving him a look as if to ask him if he's sure about it. He gives me an encouraging nod. I hesitantly continue.

"Well.. your penthouse is four-thousand-eight-hundred-and-seventy-one square feet. Every square foot here costs five-thousand-five-hundred-forty-two Dollars making your apartment worth about twenty-seven million Dollars.

"Wow, you're amazing" He looks at me with an impressed look. 

"Thank you, but I'm not amazing, far from it to be honest, I just happen to like the building you live in." I reply calmly.

"C'mon, I'll show you around." He gestures me to come with him.

I patter towards him and he places his large hand on the small of my back. My breath hitches as I feel sparks of electricity shoot up my body. I've never felt that before. 

He notices and quickly shoots his hand downwards to rest on my butt. My eyes widen and I gasp. I can feel him stiffen next to me. His hand moves again, going upwards to rest on my shoulder and lastly, he hastily removes his hand from my body and stuffs it into the pocket of his dress pants.

I look up at him to see his entire face – including his neck and the tip of his ears – glowing bright pink. He starts speed walking again and mutters "Follow me."

Slightly in shock, I blink a few times before walking – running after him due to his long legs making long strides.

****

The tour was pretty awkward, he just led me to a room, stretched out his arm and would say something along the lines of "This is the kitchen." and walk to the next room.