[Ch 4]I'm going to a juvenile delinquent school for guys. Wait wha? for guys?!?

Thank you guys for reading my story:) I love all the feedback. Schools out!! so hopefully, I'll be writing a lot more.

Thanks again!!

xoxo

----Tess

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He walked towards me, an unpleasant smile gracing his features. "Yes Pumpkin, that would be me,"

"What are you doing here?" I growled. I promised myself I wouldn't-couldn't-let him know that what he had done had affected me in any way. He should already know that by now.

"Yes, well, it's nice to see you too, Pumpkin," He replied sarcastically. Did he honestly think I would welcome him with open arms?

"That's not my name, so don't call me that." I snapped at him. I have hated that name ever since I was a little girl. Especially after the... incident, he should know better than to call me that. Of course, his mental issues would prevent him from doing so. He didn't have any brain deformities, no; he was just a psychopath without a heart. Saying he had mental issues was just an excuse made-up by the authorities to right his wrongs.

He chuckled, "I can call you whatever I like. I'm your father."

"ex-father," I mumbled under my breath. He had given up his rights a long while ago.

His smile faltered. A slight grimace covered his features. "Look, Pumpkin, I had to do what was best for my family. I couldn't have the little ones go living on the street, now could I?" He enunciated the last part slowly, mockingly.

I rolled my eyes, "Do you really want me to respond to that?" I paused to read his facial expressions, "I didn't think so. So please just leave me alone." I turned towards the door, not even pausing to glance at the non-expression I knew would be on his face.

"Actually, I do want to know your response to that," I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Do you, now?" I replied, the anger rising up in my voice. "Well, maybe, just maybe, I would have wanted to be taken home all those years ago, instead of lied to and taken to some strange-"

"You don't get it Pumpkin, I had no choice." He stated firmly. His eyes were fierce, as if he believed every word he had just spoken.

I snorted, "You had no choice? You did have a choice. You didn't have to take me there, you could have just driven me home, or to the movies, or wherever you said we were going. But it's too late now isn't it?"

"Melanie I-" his eyes softened as he reached his hand out slowly, trying to bring me comfort. Of course, I knew him too well, comforting people was not something he was capable of, especially if that person was me.

"Don't you dare touch me, Dick." I called him his first name, warning him. Personally, I thought his name fit him greatly.

I didn't wait for his scowling, which I knew was going to come if I stayed. Instead, I muttered something unintelligible under my breath, and made my way outside, into the rain. I sighed with contentment. Rain was something I loved, strived for. It was something-if not the only thing-that could calm me down completely when life pushed its worst upon my shoulders. It even made one of the most painful memories that seemed to be replaying itself in my head over, and over again that much more bearable.

I barely even notice Jake stand up and walk underneath the edge of the roof as the rain starts drizzling down on us. I am too occupied making the perfect sand picture for Daddy. Oh, how I hope he will like it. Jake and I have been working hard on our sand pictures all day, and I have almost completed the perfect picture of a butterfly. There. I think as I quickly put the finishing touches on my picture. I feel a grin spread across my face as I look at my accomplishment. It looks just like a butterfly should, except with more sparkles.