Chapter 5

"What's going on?" Natalie asked, frantic and terrified.

"Um, that's the problem. We don't know why the lights went out, but those are the warning alarms. Someone has found the base."  Lita said, her face took on a palour as if she were about to be sick. 

"Why the fuck did the lights go out though?  That makes our escape modules virtually useless!" George lashed out at the wall, hurting his hand as he was clearly not taking the situation well. The alarm stopped blaring and the three, frightened out of their wits. heard footsteps approaching. "Shit." George grumbled out in an angry whisper. "Everyone hide under one of the control panels and keep silent." He paused. When neither Natalie nor Lita moved, frozed in fear and shock, he shoved them gently. "NOW!" 

Snapping out of their deer-in-headlights-esque trance, the two, along with George, dove under the panels in the dark room just in time. The footsteps stopped at the entrance of the room and then slowly entered the base. Beams of their flashlights fanned across the room. The men, as they could tell from the low grumbling voices, weaved slowly through the base. 

"She has to be here. This is the last damn base!" One spat out with enough malice to make George seem like a pacifist. 

"Boss, what if she wasn't found?" One of the other men interjected. 

"Shut up you fool. She has to be with them. We lost her signal soon after she started running -- which means they picked her up in one of their tracker-proofed cars." The "boss" sneered back with annoyance. The former man opened his mouth as if to argue but, "The fucking car was parked right outside! Or are you blind as well as daft!?" The leader yelled, so the others kept their mouths shut after the exchange. "Now search under these panels- and check each thoroughly." Obeying the order swiftly, the men, there were only five, began searching.

To their fortune the the men found Natalie first, tears streaming down her face and sheer terror shining in her wide eyes. Upon this discovery the leader smiled in smug triumph, but his face quickly softened. "Take her to the car. If she doesn't struggle too much I say we leave her friends here- alive." He spoke to his men calmly now, though all traces of anger melted off his flawless features, he still spoke with authority. "Oh! And not a word to my father about this. If he asks we say she was not found. Clear?" he added gravely. 

The men nodded and guided a petrified Natalie out of the base. 

**************************************************************************************************************

*I apologise for the late upload, I won't even bother with excuses

**Please vote/comment, it will encourage me to upload sooner. Like I said, I have the chapters written in advance, it's just a matter of typing them up to upload. 

***Also, please give suggestions if possible. I realize that the chapters are short, but that won't change as I write one page "journal entries" for my english class... these chapters are a few of those entries. Plus, writing small amounts at a time helps keep me from getting a mind-block. 

Aside. Thank you to those who read.