Chapter 1: The Heart Break

Start from the beginning

Baby where r u?

You should have been here already

I have to be at that club before it opens!!!!!

Now I'm going to be LATE....

Cursing lowly, River quickly replied.

Sorry sweetcheeks, I got caught up in my assignment and lost track of time I'll pick u up in a bit

Making his way into his en suite bathroom, he took a 5 minute shower and then groomed himself into black jeans and a dark blue short-sleeve button up shirt. Leaving the top three buttons opened, he ran his hands through his damp hair and then rushed off to pick up Lynn.

***

"I'm truly sorry sweetcheeks, please forgive me," River apologized to Lynn as soon as Lynn entered the car. The look on her face was enough for River to know that she was pissed at him for being late. This was definitely not a good start. They were supposed to go out and have a good time in each other's company. River began to drive, hoping she would calm down but he had a feeling that Lynn wouldn't let this go so easily.

"How could you forget to pick me up River? You know how much I was looking forward to this!", Lynn exclaimed loudly, clearly furious.

"We're not going to be that late. The club opened 25 minutes ago! We'll be there in about 10 to 15 minutes give or take. It'll be fine."

"That's beside the point. The point is that you've disregarded my feelings when you knew how much this meant to me."

Not liking where this is going, River reached out to grab her hand but Lynn pulled away. Once again River tried to grab her hand and tighten his hold so that this time she wouldn't be able to pull away. "I'm sorry, alright? I didn't mean to disregard your feelings, I simply lost track of time."

"You make it sound like it's not a big deal! But it is! To me this is a big deal," Lynn exasperated, turning to face River. "I bet you were too busy flirting with other girls...probably why you lost track of time."

"What?" River asked, shocked at her for even thinking of something like that. "You know that's not true! Besides I texted you to inform you the only reason I was late was because I was focused on my business assignment that you are clearly aware is due tomorrow." River could feel his blood boiling within him and he clenched the wheels to diffuse the anger that was igniting. His hold was so tight that his knuckles were draining of its color.

"Hmph!" Lynn looked out the window while River focused on the road and not one more word was uttered for the rest of the ride.

When they arrived at the club, people were still lined up. Disregarding others, River wrapped his arm around Lynn's waist from behind and skipped right to the front. ID's weren't even needed under River's influence and they eased their way inside the club. Upon entering the club, they were met with hundreds of writhing bodies moving to the music blasting loudly. The lights were dimmed and rays of green and red laser shot in every direction.

As soon as they made it to the reserved table, Lynn broke away from River's hold and took a seat across from him.

"Sweetcheeks, come on. Just let it go." River pleaded but to no avail. Lynn continued to ignore him. Sighing, River decided to get some drinks in hopes of being able to put this little argument behind them. "I'll get us some drinks. You want your usual?" River asked and left after receiving a nod from Lynn.

"A strawberry margarita and a whiskey on the rocks, please" River shouted to the bartender over the loud music. Turning around to look at his girlfriend while waiting for the drinks, he drank in her beautiful form. Dressed in a short emerald green dress with a sweetheart neckline, Lynn looked like a siren. Her creamy skin glowed in contrast to the green and her lips looked so inviting painted in red. It drove him crazy just thinking of all the things he wanted to do to her right this moment.