I never wanted to endure the wrath of Bonnie, she could be pretty damn scary when she was pissed off. I was definitely going to regret this when it finally came to the time where I had to tell her I wasn't interested. Oops?

    “Okay, well, I'm gonna go,” she laughed. “I'll see you at school tomorrow. Night.” She let go of my hand and headed up the steps and into her house. I waited until she closed the door behind her before walking away in a somewhat dazed state.

    Probably should have said something there. I didn't dwell on it too long as it's not like I had a time machine and could turn back the clock and change it, so I simply shrugged it away and decided to cross that bridge when I came to it.

    I didn't fancy going home yet, so I walked around aimlessly for another hour or so, getting lost in my thoughts. Like about how much of a drama queen Felix had been lately. Fucking putting us on a break just because I checked Bonnie out in class. Seriously, he should have been born with a vagina.

    He hardly ever bothered to give me an explanation for why he was pissed, apparently he just expected me to know, like I could read his mind. I don't know how he could even expect that since he was so damn cryptic. Always secretive and a god damn hypocrite, as well. He really fucking was. I was too tired to give out bullet points on why, but he was.

    I twirled my phone around in my hand, contemplating whether or not to give him a text. Maybe he'd cooled down. Jesus, I sounded like a clingy girlfriend. I wasn't used to this at all. I hated it when Felix was pissed at me, but that hardly ever happened. I mean we had our little fights but they were just small, petty things that were forgotten about in the next ten minutes.

    Oh fuck it, I had to sort this out. I decided I was just gonna go straight over to his house and have it out with him. The suspense was fucking killing me and I was done with this whole space and waiting it out bullshit. I liked him. A lot. I just wasn't sure if I loved him. What even is love? Does it even exist or is just an illusion people like to believe in? Something to base their happiness on. How was I supposed to know? I was still only young.

    I walked the distance to his house, it only took about twenty minutes before I was there and, wasting no time, knocking on the door. When no one answered, I tried the handle and came to find that the door was unlocked. I walked inside. This wasn't the first time I'd welcomed myself into the Towson's household unannounced.

    I heard some sort of sobbing or snivelling coming from the lounge, so I slowly made my way in that direction instead of up the stairs. They didn't sound like the kind of noises Felix made when he was crying, so I assumed it was his mum since she recently found out her husband was cheating on her and everything. But I was surprised to find it was actually Felix's older sister, Kim.

    I stood awkwardly in the doorway, tapping my fingers on my thighs. I didn't know whether to sit down and comfort her and ask her what was wrong or whether to just leave her to it. Her body jumped as she saw me, muttering, “Jesus you scared me,” in a small voice as she wiped at the mascara stains trailing down her cheeks.

    “Sorry, I, um, was looking for Felix...”

    She took a deep breath, her bottom lip beginning to tremble again. “God, I'm a mess,” she said, still wiping at her eyes. Her voice was a deep tremor of sadness. I couldn't help myself, I'd had a crush on her since I was like five, there's obviously some part of me that cares about her.

    I sat down beside her on the sofa. “What's happened?”

    She combed her fingers through her hair and pulled the strands from her face that had stuck to her cheeks from her tears. “I like this guy and we hooked up and I thought we had something but then I realised I was just another name on his list of fucks, and I sound like such a stupid bitch for ever thinking I was something more to him in the first place but I just really like him, you know?”