Chapter one

Crash! Bang! The whole reef was crumbling and there was nothing he could do. Suddenly, everything went black. The next morning King Crong woke up from a nightmare. He had been having them ever since Queen Helva had been seen lurking in the darkness of the drop-off. She had been his long time enemy since he had become king of the Barrier Reef. He had been led to believe that she wanted to attack the Barrier Reef and own it herself for all her deep sea creatures. All the sea animals had felt safe with the great castle overlooking all the Reef, but with Helva so near they weren't sure anymore.

Queen Helva moved slowly back to her castle after creeping around the reef. The walls were made of volcanic rock, making it blend in with the darkness. Red lava spewed out the top every couple seconds making it light enough to see the outline. She entered the castle and sat on her Throne of Doom, thinking of what she would do to the great Barrier Reef.

Slam! The noise made Helva come out of her dream world. She scowled at the anglerfish who came rushing in. He looked excited to tell her some kind of news. The anglerfish came closer to talk to her privately.

"The King of the Reef is here!" Said the anglerfish

"Oh really" Said Helva in a tone of sarcasm.

"Yes, he wants to talk to you, Your Highness." He answered pleased with his news.

"Then send him in." She commanded, Making herself

look like everything was under control.

As the King came in, Helva had to laugh. he looked sleepy with bags under his eyes. He probably has been staying up late trying to figure out what to do, she thought smugly, "Well, look who came out of the reef!"

King Crong looked at her evil looking face and said, "Yes, I came to tell you that I think you should stay in your territory. You have more than half the ocean, why take my little part?''

"Do I own more than half? Well I suppose I do!" she said as she started to laugh, then she became more serious.

"Well, you cant stop me. I have the orb.''

Her guard started laughing along with her. "Orb?'' asked the King, surprised at not hearing about it before. "Yes, my little orb. Follow me, and I will show you your doom.'' With that comforting thought the King followed her up a dark staircase to a jail cell but instead of a prisoner there was a orb of green light in the middle. It was surrounded by the stench of evil.

''That has the power to do stuff you wouldn't dream of want a demonstration."

She then flicked her finger and the king disappeared.

The King was suddenly at his castle he grew frightened as he thought of what she had just done she had teleported him miles back to his castle. He swam up his pearl steps and opened the clam gate leading to his throng room. As he entered he noticed a group of

creatures in the room talking in hushed voices. An cuttlefish swam over to him and said. "The Queen just ruined a little part of the reef leaving many homeless''. A tear came out of his eye "Including my house'' he finished.

King Crong sank onto his throne in despair. He wondered if the Queen would win the battle after all. He needed to win. Otherwise the reef would go into ruin and all the fish would be slaves or just kept captive. The whole reef depended on him and his friends. What a scary thought.