Chapter 11

A/N

This took a while because I wanted to be able to explain a good majority of some things in this chapter. A lot of you have been confused on if Noah knows Candace’s secret and the answer is that he only knows a small part of it but does not know the whole. ALSO: I know that a lot of you will not be happy with this chapter but I already had had the idea in my head for quite some time. I’m open to suggestions but that doesn’t mean that I will allow hateful comments and bullshit like that. It might be in your best interest to read the A/N at the end because it will explain the ending in a little more detail. Hope you enjoy :)

Candace P.O.V

After we walked out of the restaurant the ride home was awkward to say the least. I know that Noah wanted to say something to me but I couldn’t even look at him, I was sick to my stomach.  

“Candace….” His voice came out gentle but there was a slight undertone of irritation, as though he was trying to reason with a small child. I could feel the lump rising in my throat, I didn’t answer. He waited a moment before sighing and continuing,

“Candace, I know you don’t want to talk to me about this but I know you’re hiding something. I just want you to tell me so I can make it better. Honestly, that’s all I want. ” This time I could hear the slight edge in his voice when I didn’t answer him. I know that I was frustrating him. When I still did not answer he abruptly stopped the car and pulled to the side of the road. He put the car in park and slammed his fists against the steering wheel. My eyes began to water.

“How much do you know?” My voice came out shaky and uncertain.

“What do you mean? Candace don’t play games with..”

“Tell me everything you know,” Now my voice held a bit of force and confidence, a little more than before at least. Noah looked like he was thinking as he stared out of the wind shield; rain began to putter down the glass. I remained silent waiting for him the finally tell me what I had been wondering.

“Not much,” he began, “I know that your name is Candace Mae Phillips, that you like extra cherries on your ice cream sundaes, you love soap operas yet you hate real life drama, your favorite things to eat are microwavable pizza rolls, you fell of your scooter and broke your arm when you were 9, you have a best friend named Emma, you are my student, you’re a senior, you act like a bas ass towards others to cover up your insecurities, you are the most stubborn person I have ever met, and you moved here from a small town in the plains of Colorado. I also know why you moved, I know that those kids teased you and in the 6th grade you starved yourself because all those stupid male pups told you that you were worthless. I know that you will never EVER be treated like that as long as I am around. I know that I’m your mate Candace and you can tell me anything.” The raw emotion in his voice was unbearable and I was shocked at how many little things he had learned about me. Even stuff that wasn’t important at all. The first tear fell before I had time to catch it, an avalanche of tears followed. Noah’s large arms wrapped around my small frame and hugged me tightly.

“Tell me, baby. It’s fine just tell me,” The tears were still coming, I couldn’t do this right now.

“I….. well I can’t….” I didn’t know where to start. My voice was shaky and each pause was accented with a hiccup. Noah held on to me tighter and rubbed my back to sooth me. He was trying to give me some time but I knew he was anxious. I buried my head into his shoulder before speaking again, “Do you know why?”