22 || falling into place ||

Start from the beginning

"Clothes."

I tossed a look of exasperation over my shoulder. "You know that's not what I meant," I grumbled, rolling my tongue over my front teeth. With a dramatic sigh, I seized hold of a pair of black jeans and a salmon blouse. A smirk lined my lips as I took hold of my black, lacy bra and its matching underwear.

"Alright, you can get out now." Then, I added, "Unless you want me to change in front of you. I don't mind."

Blaze kept his eyes closed in a rather stubborn manner and I hoisted my shoulders in the gesture of a shrug, curling my fingers around the hem of my shirt. "Fine." Almost instantly, I yanked my shirt over my head and gauged Blaze's reaction -- which consisted chiefly of horror.

He choked out nonsensical words, before readjusting his features into a scowl as he noticed that I was wearing a white tank top under.

"Relax, I'm wearing something under," I said, grinning. "Out you go."

Blaze offered a contumelious scoff as he heaved himself up, eyes narrowed and lips turned into a scowl. "Gladly," was the last thing he said before he trotted out the door.

I propped my hands on my hips, and with an exhale, commenced shimmying out of my clothes and replacing my old ones for my new ones. Yanking on my pants, I threw my blouse on and approached the mirror, raiding through my drawers for my hairbrush. At long last, I located it and idly ran it through the knots in my hair, checking the time.

Quarter past seven.

Crap. I ran a tube of strawberry lipgloss over my lips, before throwing my hair into a ponytail. And so, after stuffing my phone and necessities in my purse, I slung it over my shoulder and exited my room, frowning in unsullied confusion.

"Where the hell is Blaze?" I muttered to myself. Slowly, my eyes enlarged. What if he's in the living room with my parents? Claiming in a short breath, I proceeded past Nina's room, only to be stopped short. Because there, lying on Nina's bed, was a smiling Blaze.

I desired the strong urge to roll my eyes as I rapped my fists against the door. "Blaze," I called in a tone of annoyance. His head snapped up and he groaned quietly at the sight of me, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. His features softened at the sight of Nina, and he ruffled up her hair, before pushing past me.

"Boyfriend stealer," I mouthed, tossing Nina a pointed look.

She beamed.

I closed the door behind me and spun on my heels, guiding Blaze down the stairs. "Wait for me outside; I'll be back," I said, propping my hands on his broad shoulders and steering him in the direction of the front door.

He cast a puzzled look over his shoulder, before nodding and leaving the house. Exhaling, I guided my footsteps in the focal point of the living room and slanted against the doorframe, gaining the attention of both my mother and father. "Mamá, Papa," I called, adjusting the straps of my purse.

"Qué?" my mother brought up her eyebrows, setting her cup of tea on the coffee table.

"I'm going out," I averred.

"¿Fuistes a la escuela hoy?" my mother diverted the subject.

Licking my lips, I shook my head in the form of an answer. "No, mamá," I answered quietly.