The Ladybug and Fat Markers

Start from the beginning

From what Louis can see, there is just about any toy a kid could dream of in here. Action figures and dolls are stored in a tub on one shelf. There are stuffed animals everywhere. Various sport balls are pushed between furniture, including a mini basketball hoop. Louis pretty sure that he sees costumes hanging in a little closet to his right. In a line against the wall on the floor are remote-controlled cars. There is a small table holding various art supplies. Basic toys like card games, slinkies and yo-yos are also on the bookcase.

What catches Louis' attention most is a keyboard with a guitar propped up against it. Zayn notices what the boy is staring at.

"Do you play," Zayn asks him.

He already knows that the boy can. There are two videos on his instagram of him playing rock songs. Liam and Zayn had specifically bought this a month ago as a present for Louis.

The brunette nods slowly, unable to take his eyes off of the beautiful instrument.

"Well, it's in the playroom, which means you're allowed to play with it," Zayn says.

Louis nods and slowly approaches the keyboard. Its beautiful. And full sized! He's almost terrified to touch it. He's only ever been around crappy falling apart ones that they used to teach students in primary and the occasional bars that have pianos. Having learned where all of the keys were when he was 8, it was easy for him to teach himself through youtube videos when he got older.

He skims his fingers along the black and white keys, getting a good feel of the cool plastic. His eyes glance over the different buttons and he finds the power switch. He turns the keyboard on and the little square screen in the middle glows blue.

A beautiful sound is emitted when Louis' pointer finger presses down on the middle c key. His face brightens and everyone in the room can see. He taps on the f sharp and is completely taken with this instrument.

The short boy turns around to face the daddies. "Thank you," he says, and genuinely means it.

"Anything for you," Zayn says. Liam nods in agreement.

The boy feels something touching his side and turns to see the finger of a certain curly-haired boy tapping his ribs.

"Pway a song, Loulou," he begs.

The boy debates mentally what song he should play. Obviously, he wants one that the others know. He looks over at the boy with the wide eyes and dimples and a sudden burst of inspiration causes his fingers move to the right placing. He begins playing the Harry Potter theme song. Liam and Zayn chuckle. Harry has no idea what song Louis is playing as he's never seen any of the films, but he still admires Louis' playing skills.

Brown curls flop as Harry begins twirling around the floors. Neither boy knows it, but Zayn has his phone out and is recording the precious moment. Harry is anything but graceful on his Bambi legs, but Zayn knows that anyone who watches the video will melt at the sight. Louis' musical skills sure will be something to brag about when they go to the next mommies and daddies get together.

The song ends after a few minutes and the three members of Louis' audience clap.

"That reminds me," Zayn says. "I need you two to tell me by Friday what you want to be for Halloween."

"I already know, Papa," Harry squeals.

"Do you now?"

"Wanna be an angel!"

As if the boy couldn't get anymore adorable, he decides to be the most innocent creature. Louis honestly has no idea how these men have lived with him for nearly three years without their hearts melting into puddles. Louis figures Harry was probably the sweetest little child ever, always listening to his parents and making polite conversations at church and chasing butterflies in the park.