❝Carry on My Wayward Son, There'll Be Peace When You Are Done.❞ 1/3

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON
THEY'LL BE PEACE WHEN YOU ARE DONE,
LAY YOUR WEARY HEAD TO REST,
DON'T YOU CRY NO MORE.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

one shot - always a winchester  [one shot]

1997 --- BEACON HILLS, CALIFORNIA.
STILINSKI RESIDENT. AUGUST 24, 1997.
10:37 PM.

Sam's eyes flickered over his appearance in the mirror. He looked like a sickly teen from what the mirror told him, the mirror told him all his insecurities, his flaws, but it also showed the confidence radiating of the fifteen year old boy. He had made friends with an asthmatic teenager by the name of Scott McCall, Scott was alright. They actually became best friends in the first year that Sam had moved to Beacon Hills. But he wasn't going by Sam Winchester, he was Stiles Stilinski now. People were confused about how John and Claudia's lost son appears after fifteen years but thank god that John came up with a story that made them believe it. Not quite but just enough to get them off their backs. John knocked on the hunter's door with a smile, "you ready, kiddo?" John asked.

Sam returned the smile and nodded, "ready as I'll ever be." He walked towards his 'father's' cruiser and hopped in. They rode in silence together, it wasn't awkward, there was no tension between them and that was good because Sam didn't want John to think that Sam only became their temporary son because he felt bad, he wanted to be their son because they had gone through so much, so had Sam, so he guesses they just needed a little happy time.

John knows about the supernatural, he was Sam's dad's friend, they were old buddies in the Navy. They have gone through a few tours together but that was over fifteen years ago, where John had already fell in love with Claudia. As they turned up on the school parking lot, John clasped Sam's shoulder and gave it a little squeezed it a bit. "Hey. Look, your old man may not want you to go to college but you need to do what's best for you, okay Sam?" Sam nodded. "Now get your ass in there, kiddo. You ain't being late on your first day." Sam grinned and hugged John before hopping out of the car.

Sam walked over to Scott who was waiting for him outside like a lost puppy and his eyes brighten when he saw the hunter. "Hey Stiles." Scott beamed and Sam forgot that he changed his name to Stiles so he gave a smile to Scott and threw a hand over the younger teen.

"Heya Scotty." Sam replied, his demeanor changing into a hyperactive boy and it was easy to become a teenager who has ADHD even if he doesn't have ADHD himself, it was good to feel like he belongs somewhere and it was rare. He ignored the happiness bursting through him and they both walked in. He had this 'crush' on Lydia Martin when he first had arrived, but Sam knew smart when he spotted them and Lydia was definitely smart. Under that cold hearted exterior, Sam knew she had great potential.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

2009 --- LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
SKYROCK MOTEL, RM I-807. MARCH 25, 2009.
10:00 AM.