26. Phenomenal cosmic powers! Itty bitty living space!

"Bet I can turn that rock into a pigeon," Harry says. Michael glances up from his drawing pad and looks at the rock and shakes his head.

"Yeah for three seconds," he mutters and Harry gives him a dirty look.

"10 seconds," he argues.

"5," Michael shoots back.

"7," Harry ups it and Michael hair gestures to the rock.

"Seven seconds. Go."

Harry quickly recites the spell and they both watch as the rock just swirls I colour and then a very fat pigeon sits in it's place.

"You created the worlds most obese pigeon from a rock. I'm actually impressed," Michael says with an approving nod. Harry is counting on his fingers how long the pigeon just lays there looking confused and after a whole nine seconds it turns back.

"Nine seconds! I win!" Harry cheers, jumping to his feet. Michael just laughs and looks back down to start to draw.

"Congrats, you're getting better. Think Louis will let you turn him into a cat again?" Michael asks. He's drawing a picture of a girl and Harry doesn't want to ask but it appears to be Bria.

"Probably when he feels better. He's still sick but his parents take care of him during the day. I get night shifts," Harry shrugs, picking at the grass. He looks over across the school dorms, across the village and to the castle. Is Louis there right now or are his parents visiting his room?

"Have you met his parents?" Michael asks and Harry shakes his head.

"I've only met Jasmine that one time. Your parents aren't around a lot," Harry notes and Michael nods, starting on the eyes of his drawing.

"Yeah. It's worse for the non-royals though. Their parents never see them at all. We all just get dumped at the school but while our parents attend to business they still make sure to flaunt us when necessary. Well my mother doesn't anymore but that's fine," Michael says but judging from his tone it doesn't sound fine at all.

"If you were my son I'd totally show you off. Look at your artistic skills and you can actually make jokes! It amazes me how bland the people here are," Harry says and Michael looks up at him, a small smile gracing his face.

"You're the weirdest villain I have ever met, Harry," Michael notes and Harry just lies back.

"Not a villain get. Give me time. Oh! Can we go to the pool? I want to swim," Harry says and Michael gives him an odd look.

"You swim?"

"You don't know? Oh I never showed you! I have a tail!" Harry tells him excitedly and Michael just takes in his legs and looks up at him quizzically.

"Right. A tail," he says slowly and Harry rolls his eyes and jumps up, pulling his friend with him.

"Come, come," Harry insists. He starts to run through the woods and he feels Michael almost trip behind him but he doesn't stop. They make it to the big pool in record time and Harry grins as he throws off his shirt.

"I'm getting naked so turn around," Harry tells him and Michael quickly turns his back. Harry grins as he slips off his pants and then dives into the pool. The sensation of swirling comes and then his tail is there and he laughs as he comes up to the surface.

"You're a fish," Michael says in shock, his eyes the widest Harry's seen them.

"Of course I am. Hello, I lived in the sea with my mother," Harry reminds him. Michael just keeps looking at him in surprise, no words leaving his mouth.