Prolouge

Dear Dad...

I don't know where I went wrong. I should have protected myself better, now looking back it shouldn't have ever been between Dorran and I.

I can't take it back...nothing I said was true, but it's all I could do to keep him safe.

This shouldn't hurt so much.

I now know father what you went through, and...I truly forgive you, and I'm sorry that it seems I'll be following the same path you took.

Except this time, I won't lose myself to drink, or drugs as you did. I'll disappear from his life...I think that's the best choice...it's my only choice.

Father...I'm so scared, but it's my only choice.

Love,

Your Daughter.

Rain poured down over head, a young woman ran over to a mail box, her body covered by a heavy black colored poncho. She didn't notice the car across the street, and she barely felt the bullet as it hit her shoulder, and sent her reeling towards the ground.

She lay still, as people who'd seen the action screamed and ran to her side. Some dialed 911others attempted to catch the cars plate number. The victims eye lashes fluttered as she watched her blood coat the water covered cement.

She felt the weight of darkness pulling her down, and deeper into a sleep she'd been wishing for the night before. She closed her eyes feeling since of piece as she tumbled down, and down into unconsciousness.