Fearless - A Fred Weasley Love Story

It was the same dream again. I was running through the corridors of Hogwarts trying to get away from someone. And then I heard that voice again; “Run...Run as fast as you can! I’ll get you someday”. I looked back to see who it was but I didn’t realise that I was at the edge of the stairs. At that moment I fell but before I hit the ground I shot up.

I looked around and saw that I was in dormitory. Everyone else was sleeping and the sun was rising outside. I took a few deep breaths before I lay down again. I had lost count of how many times I had this nightmare.

This was me...Jennifer Black. I came to Hogwarts thinking that I was finally going to have a peaceful life away from the awful orphanage. Little did I know that my life was going to change forever...

I shut my eyes again in hope of getting some sleep before the long day ahead. Today was the day that the Yule Ball was being held.

In the morning I got up to Angelina and Katie loudly discussing what shoes they were going to wear to the ball. “Morning Jen” they said happily. “Morning” I echoed back as I lazily walked to the bathroom. After I had a shower I went down to the common room and saw my favourite two twins sitting on the couch by the fire.

“Morning” I said squeezing between them.

“Well someone is in a good mood” replied Fred with a grin.

 I shook my head as George laughed at Ron moaning about the gown that His mum sent him.

“Well I’m going to meet Cedric so see you guys later” I waved happily and walked out of the portrait hole.

Cedric was waiting by the Great Hall and he had a massive grin on his face when he saw me walking towards him. He pulled me closer to him and pecked me on the lips before pulling apart.

“Hello beautiful” he smiled as we walked to the Gryffindor table. It was the triwizard tournament so no one really cared about whose table you ate on. Well apart from Slytherin anyway.

“Can’t wait to see you tonight at the ball” he said as I ate a piece of toast.

“Well you’ll have to wait for a few hours” I said as he pouted. We both laughed until I left for Divination.

The whole lesson was good until stupid Trelawney had to predict some stupid thing.

“Your Dark days have started...Leave him before the worse happens...leave all your loved ones before the curse hits them too” she screeched as everyone else left the room. I angrily walked out of the classroom. Weren’t the nightmares enough I thought as I bumped into someone? I looked up and saw that it was Harry.

“Oh sorry Harry...I was just thinking about something” I said apoplectically.

“Its okay” he said smiling at me. “See you later then” I said as we parted ways.

I hid behind the wall as everyone else started leaving the common room. I was too scared to go in front of anyone. When the common room went quite again I slowly walked down the stairs as my long purple dress swept the stairs behind me. My hair hang in loose curls and I only applied light makeup. I never really liked too much makeup.

Just as I started walking towards the portrait hole I heard a small gasp. I swiftly turned around and saw Fred staring at me. His mouth was wide open and he didn’t blink once.

“I don’t look that bad, do I? I asked slightly worried at his reaction.

“You look-beautiful” he said with a huge smile.

“Thanks...Angelina is just on her way too” I said as I left the common room feeling better.

I walked towards Cedric who was waiting in the same spot as this morning. He was looking the other way so he didn’t notice me coming. “Hey” I said as he looked at me with the same expression as Fred.

“Hello beautiful” he said pulling me in for a kiss. We both smiled at each other and walked into the Great Hall to start off the dance. The four champions danced until my favourite band ‘The Weird Sisters’ started to play.

“I love them!” I told Cedric as they played their first song. Everyone did crazy dancing for an hour until people started to leave. Just when there were a few couples left the band played a slow romantic song to which me and Cedric danced. I had my arms around his neck while he had his arms around my waist.

After the ball finished,Cedric went to drop me off to the common room. “Thank you for such a lovely time” I said smiling at him. “Thank you for being my girlfriend” he grinned and pulled me closer.

Our lips met as I gently kissed him. “Good Night”

“Good Night” he echoed as he walked back to his common room.