Chapter 3 - Meeting

Over the years, as the heroes trekked along on their long journey, they grew up. They matured, learned survival skills, and became stronger. By being set out alone for 6 years, until they all were around 18-20, they mastered their powers.

Finally, on one rainy night, Arnold and Kevin found each other. Coincidentally they found each other in the same village.
Kevin caught his breath, plopping down on the ground beneath him.
"At last, a village!" He exclaimed.
Suddenly, Arnold ran up to him and tackled him, screaming.

"AAAH! OH MY GOD, WHO ARE YOU!? TAKE ANYTHING, JUST DON'T HURT ME!" Kevin screamed, fumbling around.
Arnold pulled him into an extremely tight hug and giggled.
"I'm not here to hurt you, silly! The prophecy told me that you are the worlds gift to me! A best friend!" He was short and stocky, with dark brown curly hair and broken glasses.

Kevin sighed with a small smile.
"Oh... hah." He pulled away from the hug and stood up, brushing himself off. "In that case, greetings, Sir. I am at your service." He finished with a polite bow.

Arnold chuckled. "What is that funny thing you're doing?"
"Uhm, it's a bow." Kevin remarked, straightening up. He was a prince, so meeting someone who was raised by animals confused him wildly.

"Oh! Oh. Um... Gree-ting, fair..."
"Prince Kevin of Confidence."
"Fair... uh... Kevin. We meet at last." Arnold awkwardly choked out with a clumsy bow.

Kevin laughed under his breath. "So, your title is?"
"Oh! Arnold!"
"Just... Arnold?"
"Eyup!"

Kevin raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure... you have the..."
"Definite! I mean, My eyes glow green sometimes, my heart glows green sometimes, and other times my foot glows green. That one is probably just a disease."

Kevin gagged. Arnold's manners almost made Kevin throw up in his mouth.
The prince let out a nervous laugh. "Well, what kingdom do you come from?"
"Loyalty!"
"Oh! Yeah. Should've guessed."
Arnold flashed a toothy smile.

Kevin cautiously smiled back. "Uh, can I see your jewel?"
"Oh, sure!" Arnold pulled his raggedy pant leg up and flashed the green gem on his ankle.
"Wow..." Kevin remarked, smiling.
"Well, here's mine!" He finished, offering Arnold a peek at his bright blue necklace.

After exchanging more info, Kevin lead Arnold to a hospital hut in the village.
"We should probably clean and stock up if we are going to look for the other two." He suggested.
"Oh! Yeah! Definitely!" Arnold shrieked back, hurting Kevin's ears.
They had their cuts and wounds from the journey patched up, took a short nap, and packed plenty of water in a sack.

The night sky began to lighten up, and they continued back into the forest. The rain kept drizzling.
"So, Devin-"
"Kevin."
"Kevin... Do you think one of our people is a pretty lady?"
Kevin rolled his eyes. Arnold was quite annoying to royalty like him.

"Um, I mean, it could be!" He answered, flashing a fake smile.
Arnold blushed. "I would love a pretty lady friend."
"Yeah." Kevin sarcastically remarked. He figured he would need a while until he could warm up to Arnold.

Suddenly, both of their gems began to glow and sing like crazy.
Kevin began to panic.
"Okay. So either there is danger, or one of the heroes is nearby."
"MY FOOT IS GLOWING!" Arnold screamed.
Kevin sighed, rolling his eyes.
"Arn, prepare your battle stance."
"Oh- oh, yeah."

The stocky man went into a cliché kung-fu pose, screeching like a wild bird.
But no danger came. A beautiful, curly haired woman with dark skin turned around the corner. Her eyes lit up with a hopeful smile.
"Oh my goodness! Finally!" She exclaimed, running up to the two boys.

Arnold gasped. "A pretty lady!" He whispered under his breath.
"What?"
"Nothing."

Kevin bowed, offering his hand.
"Greetings, fair maiden. I am Prince Kevin Price of Confidence."
She placed her hand on his and he laid a small peck on the back of her small, delicate hand. Nothing special, this is how he greets all princesses.