Chapter 15

I know everyone says it but I LOVE reading your comments!! They always make me smile and honestly give me the muse I need for this story. So thank you so much to everyone who's commenting and voting xoxo

It was damp and cold in New York but i still felt on top of the world. The weather didn't match my mood at all. It had been a month since I had started seeing Carter and we were still very much a secret. He had definitely earned my forgiveness and sneaking out to see him was an added part of the thrill. Thank God that Sammy and Roman had kept our secret. I didn't even want to think about the drama that would go down if everyone found out.

Carter and I were currently at his apartment, eating brunch and just having loose, free fun. I've never felt so light and happy as I do with him, he was an amazing break from my normal life. Carter wasn't like most people in the upper east side, when we were together there was no drama, no arguments and no aggravation. To me, it was perfect.

"Why do you have to leave so soon?" Carter groaned, pressing our lips together in a short peck.

"Because it's my birthday and I need to get ready for the party. And if I don't show up for the dress fitting, b and s will get suspicious."

"Right, so what exactly am I doing about the party tonight?" He asked. "No one knows about us, it'd be weird if I was there."

I looked at Carter and my teeth sunk into my bottom lip, would it be so bad if people found out? Me and Carter had survived the first month, surely that meant that we'd gotten through the tester and were in it for the long haul? I was ready to be with him. Properly.

"You should come." I didn't turn away from him, carefully observing his reaction. "People are gonna find out sooner or later anyway and I'd rather it be from us than from anyone else."

The smile that broke out on Carter's face made the whole thing worthwhile. I'd never seen him look so happy. "It sounds good to me babe."

I kissed his cheek and sighed with contentment. "Perfect. Now I really have to go, I'll talk to you later."

I headed out the door and into the car waiting for me. It'd be nice to spend some time with the girls, I suppose I'd sort of neglected them since I'd been sneaking around with Carter. It was too much work to not act lovesick.

A smile appeared on my face as I entered Chanel and saw Serena and Blair already browsing through the racks. "B!" I grinned, running up to her and wrapping my arms around her. "Guess who's birthday it is? Mine! God I love my birthday." I gushed, clasping her arm.

"Happy birthday Lex." Blair laughed and wrapped her arms around me.

"Yeah happy birthday. I can't believe you're seventeen, you're growing up so fast." Serena laughed.

"Thank you, now let's go try on some dresses bitches!" I ordered.

It was fun hanging out with the girls. It wasn't something I really got time to do often so when we did do it, it felt quite special. We tried on loads of dresses, too many to count. Though I did appear to be rather distracted by my phone. Carter was sending me cute texts and it was really making me laugh.

"Okay who are you texting?" Blair asked. "It has to be a guy, you've got your doe eyed smile."

"Is it Chuck?" Serena asked, gasping dramatically.

"Of course it's not Chuck." Blair huffed. "You have more sense than to get back with him don't you A?"

"You mean I know that you're totally in love with him and I don't want to get into the middle of that?" I smirked and nudged her.