Penalties for Non-Submission of Reviews

Members of the current cycle are expected to submit reviews on the featured work until the cycle is over.  What will happen if a member fails to submit a review?

Unexcused Leave (No Notice)

Phase One: 48-hour extension     

If a reviewer failed to submit a review before the deadline, the Marshal will give the reviewer a warning and a 48-hour extension to submit the review.

Phase Two: Back list     

If the 48-hour extension has expired and the reviewer still did not submit the review, his/her work will be moved to the last spot of Featured Works list (if waiting for turn) or temporarily removed from the club's review book and reading list (if already reviewed).  The Marshal will give another 48-hour extension for the reviewer to submit the review.  

Phase Three: Expulsion     

If the 48-hour extension has expired and the reviewer still did not submit the review, he/she will be expelled from the current cycle. 

Excused Leave (With Notice)

Phase One: Leave card     

If a reviewer cannot submit a review due to illness or conflict in schedule, he/she should notify the club admin through private message.  The reviewer will be allowed to use a 'leave card.'

Using a 'leave card' will allow the reviewer to postpone his/her submission for one week.  This means that any reviewer who uses a 'leave card' should make two reviews in the succeeding week:  one for the featured work when the 'leave card' was used, and another for the featured work of the succeeding week.

A reviewer can use only one 'leave card' per cycle.  The amount of 'leave cards' do not stack with succeeding cycles.

Phase Two: Back list 

If a reviewer who used a 'leave card' failed to submit two reviews in the succeeding week, his/her work will be moved to the last spot of Featured Works list (if waiting for turn) or temporarily removed from the club's review book and reading list (if already reviewed). The Marshal will give a 48-hour extension for the reviewer to submit the reviews. 

Phase Three: Expulsion If the 48-hour extension has expired and the reviewer still did not submit the reviews, he/she will be expelled from the current cycle. 

***

Edited by Admin libranages on April 16, 2017
Modifications done were (a) expulsion from 'current cycle' instead of 'book club' in Phase Three penalty, and (b) inserted 'temporarily' in Phase Two penalty).  These changes were in accordance with our practice as of Cycle 3.