6: Boys and bad behaviour [ash]

Começar do início

"Well, as long as he doesn't try anything on you, we should be cool."

"Are you really worried he'll make a move on me?" I laughed, but Austen's expression wasn't his usual friendly grin. His eyebrows were drown together, his jaw set. I instantly sobered. "You're not jealous, are you?"

"Of course not," he scoffed, then his blue eyes brightened. "But just to be sure, how does your mum feel about you staying with me? I live close to the school so you can transfer back and graduate with me and all our other friends. Plus you know we have a spare room ever since my brother went away for university. I mean, not that you have to stay there because you can totally sleep in my arms every night."

I laughed, shaking my head. "As delightful as that sounds, you know my mum wouldn't allow it."

He jut his bottom lip out, feigning disappointment. "Well, I guess we only have a few more months of high school. Then we'll be out of here."

"Out of here," I repeated, smiling, a knot in my stomach.

Austen gave my hand a comforting squeeze. "How does sushi sound?"

My mind was wandering but the mentioning of food caught my attention. "Sounds perfect."

Austen never ordered anything except for the California rolls so we split a platter

Austen never ordered anything except for the California rolls so we split a platter. I took my homework into the restaurant so that I could complete it before I went back to Maura's house. Being cooped up in that tiny room for too long drove me mad.

"I can feel you staring at me," I said.

"Is that such a crime?"

"It is if I fail biology. Don't you have any studying to do?"

He dismissed the notion with a wave of his hand. "I can study later. I just want to spend time with my beautiful girlfriend. But aparently she keeps getting distracted by a the functions of plant cells."

I laughed and gently closed my textbook. "Okay, I'm sorry. You have my attention."

Austen leaned over and kissed my forehead. "That's what I like to hear. So all the seniors at school are getting together in a few weeks to do a fund raiser. We're doing a heap of stuff, kind of like a carnival. You should join."

"I don't know. I'm technically a student at Lyon now. We're the biggest rivals in town."

He feigned annoyance, lip curling into a sneer, eyes narrowed. "Guess we should be enemies now."

"But you're too cute to hate," I answered, tugging a piece of his dark, curly hair.

Austen was delighted. He smiled at me from across the booth.