Daughter of Poseidon

Chapter One:

Aelia's POV

"Aelia!" A crisp, male voice rang out.

I sat up groggily, "what?" I said in a raspy voice.

"Your father wants you downstairs for breakfast." Ralph, my butler, told me.

"Mhm." I mumbled from underneath my pillow.

"They're serving your favorite breakfast today," he said before he left. "Bacon and eggs. Oh and, Happy Birthday Aelia."

I lifted the pillow off of my head and looked out the window. Even though it was early in the morning, the sea was full of life.

Whoosh! An underwater bus carrying merpeople who were pointing at the palace zoomed past. A school of rainbow fish swam over the anemones that grew everywhere. A jelly fish drifted lazily across the ocean floor. The ocean is the perfect place to have a palace.

You might wonder why I'm underwater and still be breathing. Well, it's complicated. You see, my father is a god. Yes. A god. Most people can't believe it when I say that." Yes Mrs. Savicki, my father can come in to talk about his job to the class. You see, he's kinda the god of oceans, rivers, lakes, and basically all water."

I've lived here with my dad ever since I was born. I've don't really seen my mom that much but I've gone on land before to have lunch with her. I have a brother but I never met him. My dad said that when I turned 12 I was old enough to go on land and go to somewhere called "Camp Half-Blood." I would meet my brother there and hopefully go on a quest.

I swung my legs off of my bed. The door swung open and immediately a black Boston terrier with white streaks in its fur charged through the door and jumped on my legs. A boy wearing a beanie, a white t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and converse, like mine, appeared in the doorway.

"Whoa! Lola, calm down! Danny, I thought you said you would keep Lola downstairs," I said with raised eyebrows. "But you didn't."

"I'm sorry, but I think she wanted to say happy birthday." He replied with a smile on his face. He leaned against my bedroom door and ran his hands through his light brown hair. 14 years old with annoyingly gorgeous green blue eyes, he could drive anyone, especially the girls, crazy. "So...," he said slowly, crossing his arms.

"What? I'm half naked and you just barge into my room?" I was wearing a tank top that said "Find your own hot boy god cause you ain't taking mine" (Courtesy of Sadie Kane) and pajama pants.

He smiled.

Oh gods, I loved that smile.

"Well, I got you a present." He tossed a package onto my bed.

I motioned for him to sit down on the bed. Lola jumped onto the bed and crawled into my lap. She nudged the package with her nose and sniffed it a few times. I tore the wrapping paper off and stared at what Danny had gotten me. There, lying in the wrapping paper, was a glowing bronze, silver, gold, black dagger with a handle that had a trident on it. Beneath the trident a name was inscribed, AMPAΣΓΔΩΠ. The translation immediately popped into my head, I didn't know I could read Greek.

"Armageddon." I said in awe.

"Yeah, your brother owns this sword's twin, Riptide. ΑΜΡΑΣΓΔΩΠ is called many names: Armageddon and Riptide II." Danny told me. "Also it can kill demigods, mortals, and monsters at the same time."

"Oh Danny, it's amazing!" I exclaimed.

"Ah well..." He blushed and tousled his hair in embarrassment.

"Anyways," he said suddenly turning serious. "You're leaving in three hours so your dad wants to make sure that you're all packed."

Oh yeah, did I mention dear old daddy gets super angry when you're not on time?

"Yeah sure. Totally packed," I looked around my room. "Or not." Clothes were hanging off of my dresser and were all over the floor. Lola had snuggled up and made a cozy bed out of my t-shirts.

Danny laughed. "Alright I'll do the rest, just go downstairs."

I got up and opened the door. Lola jumped up and followed me out because she knew that I would refill her food and water bowl. My dad was already sitting at the dining table. He smiled so much that his eyes crinkled at the corners. But today he looked very stern.

"Hey dad. How's it goin?" I said casually as I poured Dogs Can Breathe Underwater! food mix with extra healthy ground up seaweed in Lola's food bowl.

She happily started stuffing her face, or should I say snout?

"Aelia! Have you packed your underwear?" Poseidon asked.

"Dad, I'm not five anymore. I think I can handle packing my underwear." I plopped down on my favorite chair and started shoveling eggs and bacon into my mouth. Ralph poured orange juice in my cup and straightened the silverware.

"What?" I asked. Dad was looking at me funny.

"Well, um, your, uh, ahem, your boyfriend-"

"Yes?" I interrupted.

"He'll escort you to camp and you'll meet your brother," he continued. "And Isaac will be there to show you around."

Isaac, Danny's equally amazing brother, was found with Danny on the banks of the River Styx. They had found their way into the underworld and tried to persuade Hades, their father, to take them back in. Eventually, my dad went to talk to Hades and found Danny and Isaac instead.

"Ok," I said through a mouthful of toast. "Isaac goes to Camp Half-Blood? I thought he went to some juvenile camp."

"Ah, yes, but that was a cover for Camp Half- Blood. See, it's dangerous to talk about demigod camps because monsters are always hungry for a feast. And to them, Camp Half-Blood is some big party," Poseidon told me.

I got a mental image of some monsters with bibs, licking their lips and saying "WHOOP! DEMIGOD PARTAY! I CALL BRINGING THE BARBECUE SAUCE!"

"Gee, thanks Dad...that's gonna be hard to get out of my head," I grimaced at the thought.

Just then, Danny burst into the dining area with my suitcases.

"Well, looks like it's time for you to go," Poseidon looked like he was on the verge of tears.

I didn't know what to say but put all of my feelings into a heartfelt hug. I grabbed Lola, sighed, and wondered how long it would take to see this place again.

Danny led me into the exit cave and threw a pearl onto me. He then did the same for himself. I started to rise up to the surface and had time to think, "Really? A floating hamster ball?" when I popped out onto the Camp Half-Blood's lake in a giant spiral of water.