Chapter 15: Lies, Secrets, & Flowers

Start from the beginning

When I got home I went straight to my room, angrier than anything else. The thought of staying with Angela sickened me. I took out my anger out on the wall. Before I knew the wall had two gaping holes. I got dressed and went to Jade's house. It's now or never.

Jade's P.O.V.

"Wake up, it's time for you to go", Rachel said shaking me. I was still half asleep as they took the IV and the doctor was telling me what medicine I was supposed to take. Luckily my dad was there to right every single word down. I nodded when the doctor asked if I understood everything even though I hadn't heard a word. I just wanted to shower and change.

"Ok we're going to clear out so you can showered and dressed", the doctor said. My dad handed me my clothes and he followed the doctor out. Rachel was about to leave, but I asked her to wait for me. I showered and dressed myself as fast as I could; hoping Rachel didn't have to leave. When I got there she was still there waiting for me. I walked out of the bathroom and put my dirty clothes in a plastic bag. She stood up and walked over to me to give me a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you so much", she said hugging me tight. The hug hurt my stitches, but I didn't care. My dad came in soon after.

"We better hurry you still have to get home and rest up for tonight", he said. I had totally forgotten about what a night mare today was going to be. Then it hit me.

"Rachel what time you get off of work", I asked her.

"Oh, I don't think she can come. I'm pretty sure Rachel has her own family to spend Thanksgiving with."

"Actually I moved to California when my husband left me and I didn't have any kids so I started fresh here", Rachel said cutting in. I looked at my dad hoping it would convince him.

"In that case we would love to have you. Come by at 7", he said smiling. Rachel hugged me one more and then my dad and I left. The car ride home seemed endless. I began to ask, "Are we there yet", every time we passed and stop sign. My dad got tired of me asking so he asked if I was happy to finally be home.

"What do you think dad", I responded.

"I know what Angela did was wrong, but she is your sister and you're going to have to learn to forgive her."

"Stepsister, emphasis on the step, we're not blood, so I don't have to", I grabbed my earphones and put my music on full blast, but that didn't stop my dad form lecturing me. Even at full blast I could still here him. When we got home I got out of the car as fast as I could and slammed the car door. I unlocked the door and ran upstairs completely ignoring Kate's attempt at a welcome back celebration. When I got to my room it was decorated in "Welcome Home" banners and "Get Well Soon" balloons and cards. I looked around and saw flower on my banister. I opened at the card, Hope you feel better sissy. -Love Angela. I grabbed the flowers and threw them out the window and threw the card away.

As I walked towards my window I noticed all the flowers. Thinking they were from Angela or Kate I began kicking and stomping all of them. Then I looked down and saw one of the cars. It was signed 'Damien.' I began looking through all the flowers even the ones I had destroyed all the cards were signed by Damien. I couldn't believe it he had brought me all of them. My heart fluttered with the thought it. It also made me think, not one of those flowers were from Collin. Why? Before I could go into my thought process there was a knock on my door.

"Jade, Rachel is here", my dad said from outside my door. I looked at my phone, "It's barely 6", I said to myself. I opened my closet. What the hell was I supposed to wear? That's when I noticed a short long sleeve navy blue dress hanging with a note on it saying Kate wants you to wear this. I crumbled it up and threw it. With nothing to wear I threw it on; it was too late to curl my hair so I just straightened it. I put on short black heels and went downstairs. Rachel and my dad were talking in the kitchen. I looked around for Angela and Kate, but they were nowhere to be found.