The Few, The Proud and the Emotional

(Tyler's P.o.V)

"Right, now if you could just look into the camera over here..."

I turned my face towards the shiny black lens and flashed a small smile.

"Okay great, that's all we need." The lady behind the camera thanked me as she began to pack up. I walked over to where my best friend Josh sat on a leather couch. We sat in a small room with light brown walls, with white cloth hung up to create a spot where photos could be taken. It was the third time in the last two months Josh and I have been asked to do a photo shoot. Josh stretched his arms into the air and yawned.

"Thank God that's over, I'm exhausted." He sat up straighter on the couch.

"Yeah, I don't know how many more of these photo shoots I can take." I said as I plopped down next to him.

"You looked very pretty." Josh smirked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I try my best." I replied, sarcasm lacing my voice. I heard the wooden door from the other end of the room open, and our manager Michael stepped in.

"Good news guys, our San Francisco show is sold out!" Michael announced as he walked over to where we sat.

"Sick!" The boy with the red hair grunted as he hopped up off the couch.

After five years of being in a band, we had finally made it. Josh and I were on a worldwide tour. I had to say, I was proud of how far we had come. From singing in a garage in Ohio, to playing sold out shows across the globe. We had begun our American portion of the tour, for our most recent and now successful album, Blurryface. I never expected this album to get as much attention as it did, and sometimes my feelings were a bit shaky when I saw what kind of attention it got. Don't get me wrong, the album was a hit, but the meaning was so overlooked.

"Now, to bring us back to that summer feel, here's 'Stressed Out' by Twenty One Pilots!" I heard a lady on the radio say one day.

"It's so angsty!" Josh overheard someone comment on Car Radio.

This wasn't what I expected, but there are some people who take in the the meaning of the song, and they genuinely understand what I'm trying to say. Those people, I like to think of as the Few, the Proud, and the Emotional. Sometimes, I divide people into these three categories. For example, I'd think of my friend Mark as the Few. The Few who have joined me on this whole crazy journey. The few who understand how I feel, even when they've never felt the same. The few who never abandon each other.

I think of Josh as the Proud. If it weren't for the determination he had, or the pride he showed in his music, I probably would have never met him. The Proud will defy expectation, and go against the rules to meet their passion. The proud fall into pools of emotion, and are overcome by waves of defeat. The proud are strong.

The emotional? Well, that's Emily. The girl who I haven't seen in years always rested in my mind. The emotional do tend to linger. They leave their own imprint in our minds. The emotional have experienced hell in their lives, and they turn that despair into the most beautiful things that you could possibly ever see. I never knew why I still always thought of Emily. It had to have been at least four years since the last time we talked. I never forgot about her. There was not a day in my life where I didn't take time to imagine what she was doing. Was she still in school? Was she happy? Did she still paint? I knew that I needed to move on. After all, I'm sure she doesn't think about me...

The Few, the Proud and the Emotional, forever working in a circuit. One cannot function without the other two. Maybe that's why I felt so empty?