Chapter 5

I swiftly walk down the hallway, endless amount of doors decorated the ancient  walls. "I don't remember seeing these here." I whisper softly to the stale air in front of me. The smell of moist mist tinged my nostrils causing me to hold my breath. An urge to push open a door overwhelms me yet I continue to follow the silky thick material covering the wooden planks of the hallway. I glide through the hallway, hands skimming the door frames of each door. Scattering foot steps echo inside the walls. Rats past midnight? 

     Shuffling through the hair I finally take a sharp right turn and find myself in front of a grand doorway. I push it open softly, revealing a flight of stairs. The hair zig zagging pathetically through each step, I maneuver my way down the steps, a soft scraping from the bottom of the steps guiding me forward. I reach the bottom. It feels warm, full of life. I almost feel like my parents have been here. 

     My parents. Will I ever see them again? Even if I see them, will they still love me? I've become a monster. Would they send me away? Put me out of a hateful misery?

     Nothings here, I scan the tight area. The hair doesn't stop here. "How long am I suppose to blindly follow this trail of hair?" I whine. My voice still sounding hollow and drained of emotion. The hair slips under a closed door. My fingers grip the door as I tug on it, the door curiously following my hand as I step inside the room. 

     Lavender candles lit dimly around the room with a soft blue light. Vivid yet reminding me of the supernatural. Dark and creepy. Just what I wanted for my birthday. (note the sarcasm.) A yellow golden head of hair and a fragile body limply standing back faced towards, Her staring at another. 

     A women with a scarlet clocked hood, Blood red long talons for nails. Black curls leaking through the hoods opening. "Is this an occ-" before I could finish my thought all words escaped me as the yellow head of hair turned towards me. Green sapphire for eyes. A thin grin set upon her face. Clear skin. Fragile frame. Her! Then I notice the birthmark below her chin, on her neck. Only one person had that birthmark that I knew of. No wait,

Me?

     "Hello." greets the delicate looking girl. I set forward with anger and rage tracing through my footsteps. "Turn me back." My voice laced with venom. The girl give me a cheeky grin, "First you have to hear our story." she says sounding mocking and cheerful, happy. 

     "I don't  have to listen to any of your shucking stories, now TURN. ME. BACK!" I scream the last part. I felt if that I were going to burst at any moment. How dare that little runt use my time, spend it playing a bunch of stupid games, then taking my skin, my voice, and MY BIRTHMARK? How dare this little mutt! 

     "SIT AND LISTEN!" she spats. Her cheeks burning red from anger. Why is SHE angry?!? I felt myself being forced to my knees by two strong hands, I look back to see a teenage male with brown hair and pale skin. A wrap of white bandages with two red bloody spots where he's eyes would be. I hold back a scream. "Don't worry. It will be over soon" he whispers. My body tenses, freezing me in my place. I go rigid. I know that voice. 

     How did he get out of my head? Was he ever in my head? Whats even happening? I remember the mocking voice in my head, laughing as I strayed in my room puzzle and confused. Tears start to stream down my face, the tears froze like cold ice. "Fine." I choke. I relentlessly weighed my head down, relaxing. I'll listen to this stupid story. "Good." says the hooded female. She pulls a dagger out of her cloak. A zig zagged handle, a sharp metal blade, which glints in the moonlight. Light reflects off its sharpened sides.

     "Once upon a time, a girl was stolen locked in a tower. locked in-YOUR-tower." -locked in my tower?- "She was 16, she was beautiful. Yet she never saw the world. She always kept to herself. She found it normal." 

     I've heard this story before, what is she doing? Telling me a night-night story before I go to sleep and well DIE? The girls voice drags out of her parted lips, not coated in blood. "She never got the chance to live"-the girl continues- "Her name was Rapunzel, one day she heard a whistle. She looked out side her window. She saw him. A beautiful boy who's smile suddenly wept away the darkness in her life. He changed her life, until one day her amazing mother took that boy away." She spat the word 'amazing.' "He would only break her heart, he only did break her heart. Yet the girl didn't understand." She stops. 

     I look up at the unexpected pause. I've heard this story before. Why was she doing this? No version of the stories I've hear have been like this one. 

     "Once the boy came back for her, and she cried in his arms for hours. Her mother had been harsh to her that day, she longed for the boy's embrace." The boy behind me tensed. Again, confused anyone? "Then he told her that he would marry, she felt so happy to be leaving. He was going to be her ticket out of here. But NO. He loved a diffrent maiden and he planned to marry another. So what did the mother do? She pushed him. he plummeted to the ground blood seeping out of him, two sharp wish vines pierced his eyeballs. Lodging deep into his retina and killing him."

     Looking at the girl I saw a wave of emotion sweep through her eyes. Hate? Sadness? Joy? I couldn't comprehend from the only hinting glare she presented. "Seeing her love dead killed Rapunzel. One day she could not take the sorrow no more, so she jumped. She only dream was to grow up, she rued to seek vengeance on the one who killed both her and her love. That venomous beast he loved." she looks up at me. "That beast is you."

_________
(EDITED)