Chapter Twenty-Two | Hate That I Love You

Start from the beginning

"Babe, I bet everything is fine." he smiled at me.

"You think so?" I asked.

"I know so. Layla are you done eating?" he asked.

"Yes Mr. Forrest." she replied, looking back at us from her plate.

"Good girl." I said. We got her on a schedule, I used to let her run around and do everything she wanted, but Forrest has really helped me get my shit together. You know how they say "you can't turn a hoe into a housewife" ? I'll prove everyone wrong.

"You remember you have 30 minutes of TV then at 9:30 it goes off right?" Forrest reminded her.

"Correctarooni." she said and scurried into her room. Forrest would make a great father some day, hopefully he'll be the father of my kids.

* * *

- Jazelle -

"I'm sorry Jazzy." Hodgy apologized.

"It's cool, I just don't know what happened. I've been through this before." I sighed.

"What you mean?" he asked confused.

"This same exact shit happened when I was with Chris. I spent time with Trey and the closer we got the more we became sexually attracted to each other." I said. Hodgy got off the sink.

"I'll go if you don't feel I should be here." he said looking for his keys.

"No it's okay, I'm fine. It's just a simple mistake."

"You sure?" he asked.

"I'm positive, stay." I hugged him.

"Alright." he sighed.

"Hodgy. Look at me, you've done nothing wrong, dont feel bad, or guilty. It's not like I'm going to get pregnant off of a kiss, it's just like you'd be kissing one of your best friends."

"I know but it's not right." he put his head in his hands. I got up and took his hand into my bedroom. I layed on top of him and drifted to sleep as he played in my hair. Then the sound of thunder startled me. I quickly rolled off of him onto the other side of the bed

"When you hear the sound of thunder don't you get too scared, just grab your Thunder Buddy and say these magic words: fuck you thunder, you can suck my dick, you can't get me thunder, cause you're just God's farts." Hodgy started dying laughing at me, like it was funny.

"Stop laughing, it's not funny." I smiled.

"What's funny is you know the lyrics to that fucking song."

"Shut up, I've always been scared of thunder, then that song came out and made it better." He just looked at me and I stared back. I love looking at him, he's just so fine.

"I feel like we should go somewhere, anywhere you name it." he just came out the blue. I thought for a bit. It finally came to me.

"Barbados, in 2 weeks and we should stay for a week." I said.

"Already booked." he said booking the plane tickets and hotel room. No we're not going alone, probably the Wolf Gang and some of my friends...which I don't have, I'll probably end up taking Rih and Adrienne. As for Tremaine, I don't know what's up anymore with us, because this is the worst argument ever.

Hodgy ended up staying the night. In the morning I ended up showering and cooking us both breakfast. We went to his girlfriend Cortney's house to shower and get more clothes. I stayed in the car because I didn't want to go in there, even though I really want to meet Trenty. Hodgy took me to Trey's, and waited for me just in case I needed him.

"Trey? You here?" I asked, walking toward the bedroom. He was in the kitchen, cooking.

"Tremaine, we need to talk." I sighed.

"Yeah I know." he turned the stove off. He came and sat across from me at the island.

"Hodgy kissed me." I blurted. Trey put his head down.

"I know and I kissed Helen." he replied. I hit the island with my fist.

"Where does this leave us?" I asked turning my head away. I didn't want him seeing me cry.

"Come here." I wiped my tears. I walked over to him.

"I love you." he said.

"And I love you too." we started kissing, and you know what that led to, a quickie. I returned to the car to find Hodgy sleep.

"Wake up fool." I said scaring him.

"What the hell took you so long? Did y'all fuck or something?" he asked. I just bit my lip and slightly chuckled.

* * *

Hey y'all 👋. Hodgy Hodgy Hodgy. Helen Helen Helen. Smh. I'm bout to go to school so I'll see y'all later.