Chapter Five: Excalibur

Start from the beginning

“Come on, Adair lets go,” said Matthew as he pulled me towards the lower town. I wonder where they are taking me. Only one way to find out and that is to go with it.

Matthew’s POV

As we reached the lake I was glad to find Emily and Roy had shown up like I had asked them too. Maybe they were my friends after all. I just hoped they didn’t over react about me being a prince as I still hadn’t told them that part yet.

“Remember we are not princes and Adair is not a sorcerer,” I said to them as we approached them.

“Matthew you are here. We began to worry you wouldn’t show up. I am Emily and this is Roy it’s nice to meet you both,” she smiled.

“I’m Luke,” said Luke shaking Emily’s hand.

“What about you?” asked Emily to Adair. 

“Oh me...yeah right I’m Adair,” he said.

Emily smiled at him before they both shook hands. “This lake is brilliant for swimming. Do you remember it Luke?” I asked.

“Of course I do. We went hunting once with dad and we went passed it and dad even showed us it,” said Luke.

“What we waiting for,” said Roy who stripped down to his pants and dived straight into the Lake swimming at an incredible rate. He just seemed to get better and better in my opinion.

“Roy lives to swim,” said Emily to Adair.

“I see why. He is brilliant at it,” said Adair.

“Yeah he is. I am more in to sword fighting but it’s too dangerous for girls,” laughed Emily.

“I don’t think it is,” smiled Adair.

Was something going on with these two? The thought completely left my head as Luke jumped into the water and bombarded me with water from the lake. “You’re going to pay!” I shouted before I jumped in after him fully clothed and chased him through the water. Luke was never going to beat me, he isn’t the best swimmer and clearly is worse then I am.

I reached Luke and dipped him straight under the water which made Roy laugh. “Don’t mess with me, Luke,” I laughed.

“Yeah clearly,” said Luke choking as I brought him back up.

I looked over at Emily and Adair to realise they were just sitting on the edge of the lake with their feet in and talking. “Do you think something has clicked with them?” I asked.

“It seems like it,” said Luke.

“No....it hasn’t so drop it!” said Roy angrily.

Luke and I looked at Roy and frowned. Did Roy like Emily? If he did he needed to tell her fast because Adair was getting in their pretty quickly and even if Roy said there isn’t anything there, it is clear there is something and he is just denying it.

Luke’s POV

I got out of the lake and put a towel around me to keep me warm as it was getting a little windy. I picked up my clothes and went into the forest to change so Emily didn’t see anything she didn’t want too.

I found a good spot in the forest and I begun to change when I heard it. Anyone would think I was crazy but it felt like something was calling to me, to come and get it as it knew who I was. I quickly got changed before I followed the slight whispers in my ear which got louder as I went further into the forest.

I am not sure how far I went but I continued to go until someone touched my shoulder from behind me. “Matthew,” I gasped.

“What are you doing? We got to go now so come on,” he said to me.