Chapter one: Adair

Arthur's POV

I followed Gwaine to the court physician chambers where the boy was to be checked over to make sure he was not hurt in anyway.

Gwaine opened the door and allowed me to enter first to find the court physician Jim looking over a young boy. I looked closer and saw what Gwaine had been talking about; he looked exactly like Merlin but of course a lot younger.

"Hi there I am King Arthur and welcome to Camelot but whyare you here?" I asked the young boy.

The boy looked at me for a second before he smiled. "I came here with my father but I lost him out in the woods,"

"What is your name?" asked Gwaine.

"My name is Adair but I am not sure what to do as I lost my dad and I got no idea how to find him," he said to us.

"Not to worry Adair. I have two sons of my own and I am sure they would be happy to have another person to play with at least until we find your father. I can send out some of my knights to find him," I smiled.

"That is great, thanks Arthur," smiled Adair as he got up.

"Gwaine can you take him to my two sons please I just need a quick word with Jim."

Gwaine left with Adair and I waited until they left before I turned to Jim. "Is he hurt in anyway?" I asked.

"Oh no, he is a very healthy eight year old but he does seem to be hiding something important. Sire is there something about the boy that concerns you?"

"He looks like someone I use to know but maybe it's just a coincidence he looks like him," I said as I left Jim to get on with his work.

I had always questioned that Merlin had also left Camelot because of Gaius's death as he had kept his feelings aside as it had been close to when I had became king and I was due to marry Gwen.

It was horrible how Gaius had never seen me or Gwen get married but it was hard on Merlin. Other than his mother, Gaius was his only family and then he died. Merlin couldn't do anything to save him which hurt him the most I think.

I headed back to the council meeting I had going on as I still had a lot to deal with and this was the last thing I needed but maybe it was just a kid who looked like Merlin and nothing else.

Luke's POV

I was lying on my double bed while Matthew was playing around with my sword since he had lost his. It felt strange that either I or my brother was to be king someday but for now we didn't think of it as we liked to be close.

Our mother had always said that she should would rather us both be close then argue over who gets to be king someday. We love our mum to pieces because she is so supportive of us most of the time.

We also love our father as he is the king after all and as his sons he doesn't expect anything amazing from us like some other kings would. Our father is a great man and we would never swop him for another.

Someone knocked on our door which made Matthew jump and made me laugh before I got off my bed and went over to the door and pulled it open to find Gwaine standing in front of me with a young looking boy he was probably at least a year younger than me and my brother.

"This is Adair and is staying here with us until we find his father. Your father said to bring him here to you two so you can play together and keep him company so he is not on his own," smiled Gwaine.

"Ok Gwaine thanks. I am Luke come on in Adair," I smiled as I welcomed him in before I closed my door before Gwaine spoke to me again.

"Who is this Luke?" asked Matthew.