Chapter 9

I'm back did ya miss me? No? Yes? I should warn you I changed Naruto's age, also a few of the cannon characters ages.

***********

Images flashed in Naruto's mind some he could make out others he couldn't. He looked around the empty room expecting to see Kurama, but no one not a thing was any where in sight.

"Where am I?" Naruto asked his voice echoing around the room.

"Your deep with in your mind not even your fox friend can find you." A voice responded.

"Who's there?!" Naruto yelled turing around trying to find the owner of the voice.

"Me, myself and I who else?" It said again.

"Who are you then?" Naruto asked still trying to pin point the source of the voice.

"Well that's complicated I'm you but not at the same time." It said slightly sighing.

"What do you mean?" Naruto asked quite confused.

"I mean what I say." It said sounding a bit confused aswell.

"Stop talking in riddles." Naruto snapped.

"I'm not talking in riddles." It yawned.

"Then why am I here?!" Naruto yelled.

"To find the answers you seek." It answered.

"What questions!" Naruto yelled in raged. The voice sighed but said nothing leaving Naruto alone to watch his memories.

Else where in Naruto's mind.

"Kit! Where are you!" Kurama yelled his voice echoing in the empty space. The mighty nine tails muttered and cursed as he wondered around the mindscape. He was worried he had seen Naruto before he disappeared. Kurama sat down his tails laying flat behind him and his ears down.

"Kit." Kurama whined with his head down in shame. He had been wondering around the mindscape for a long while trying to find the blond boy but there was no trace of him. Naruto had taken all his hate and cast it away making him see the good in the world through Naruto's eye. In truth he missed the bright ball of sunshine, but ever since Naruto left Kohana his light started to dim more then it was. Kurama blamed Minato, Kushina, and Akria for dimming Naruto's light, but also he blamed the villagers who beat the boy when he was younger. Yet Naruto chose to lock those memories away and become semi emotionless in stead of talking to someone. Naruto didn't even know what Kakashi meant by the village changed when a legend left. Kurama didn't understand why Naruto left in the first place though the treatment he was getting he guessed was enough. Kurama just wanted his ball of sunshine back.

"Where are you Kit?" Kurama muttered before becoming a crying mess of a fox demon.

Outside of Naruto's mind

Garra had Temari take Naruto back to Suna till he was healed enough to judge the chunnin exams. The exams had been post poned till the 'mess' as Minato called it had been resolved. Garra was quite mad at Minato for not recognizing his own son, in fat he was pissed at the village for not seeing their 'Legend' had become a sand ninja. Kankuro and Kakashi had taken up training Naruto's gennins for the chunnin exams. Temari on the other hand was back in Suna waiting for Naruto to wake up.

Back to Naruto

Naruto sat watching his memories he thought he locked away. He watched as a younger him was beaten by the villagers and train to get stronger. He watched as his parents ignore him for his younger sister. The one thing he noticed now was the guilt in his sisters eyes when ever she looked at him. The sad look in his mothers eyes before he left his fathers office. The guilty and ashamed look his father held in his eyes when he looked at Naruto.

"Did they really feel guilty?" Naruto asked himself. There was no answer from the voice from earlier. The memories continued to play on till he was stabbed. By that time he realized something. He was happier in Konoha then he is in Suna.

"Naru when ever you find yourself wanting to return to being a ninja for the leaf I will understand." Garra said after Naruto was made a sand ninja. All he did at the time was nod not caring about it. Now he understood why Garra allowed him to be a ninja for the sand, he was waiting for Naruto to understand what the leaf meant to him. The leaf was his home, it's where he was born, it's where his family was waiting to apologize, where his crush is, his friends where there.

"I understand now can I leave?" Naruto asked standing up from his spot. The voice didn't answer but a door appeared. Naruto walked over to it and put a hand on the handle.

"You have made the right choice to return to the leaf and your family." The voice said as Naruto opened the door to see Kurama as a pile of tears and fur. Naruto raised an eyebrow before chuckling silently.

"Hey fuzz ball, why are you crying?" Naruto asked after the door to where ever he was shut behind him.