Chapter 9: Duty Calls

Season - Fall

Maiya's POV

KNOCK KNOCK. The sound blasted from the door of the room, my eyes went open as I saw the door swing open, Tomoko rose up herself. The hand covering my eye face moved down, to the side of my bed, as I saw a glimpse of the person who was at the door. She had short black hair and light blue eyes, she had an arm band on her day class uniform. Wait....

It was the same girl that approached me yesterday... Takara Adachi was it?

"Kahae, the headmaster has requested for me to escort you to her." Takara said to me bluntly, holding the door open as Tomoko yawned, looking towards me.

"Don't worry, I'll get her to class later on. I'll make sure of it." Takara added on as Tomoko sighed in relief, I looked towards my crutches and pushed myself up from bed with them.

"Get your uniform on." Takara added on once again. I lifted my eyebrow for a second before giving in, moving over to my wardrobe with the crutches to get my uniform out, taking it out and then placing it on my bed.

My ankle wasn't sore anymore, this is how it always was when I was injured. I'd just sleep off the pain and it'd feel better the next day, my brother, sister and father don't have this ability for some reason. However, my mum had this ability last time I saw her, she even healed up overnight after a severe injury. I've got to play out this injury to convince Tomoko and Summer that I'm still hurt, but in actual reality I've healed up.

The door then closed for Takara to give me privacy when getting dressed, it was pretty hard to act like my ankle was still sore while getting changed. I slid off my t-shirt and my shorts quickly, then reaching for my blouse top and skirt.

"Your skin is so fine Maiya..." I heard a female voice from behind me, I turned my head a little to see Tomoko who was sitting on the side of her bed, looking up at me.
"Y-You think so?" I responded to her, I've gotten many compliments from other students about my skin, and talking about how frail and clean it is.

"Yeah, definitely." Tomoko smiled before standing up from her bed, stretching her arms upwards.

After getting dressed, I fixed my bow up in the dressers mirror, then turning back to Tomoko.
"I'll see you in class alright?" I said before making my way towards the door, only just holding the bag in one of my hands.
"You too." Tomoko smiled to be before I opened the door, passing my bag over to Takara, her holding it for me.

The both of us went through the hallways in silence, Takara was leading the way as our footsteps echoed throughout the buildings. Most of the other students at the school were sleeping, I only saw two or three people walk through with us, other than that... it was just empty.

We eventually went from the Day Class Dorms and was on the road to the actual school itself where the headmaster was located. Takara looked back to me occasionally, seeing how I would handle the crutches.

"You can get off those crutches once we get to the school, I know that it's healed." Takara said to me, I widened my eyes slightly. How did she know of the healing that I have? And even of the sprained ankle?

"How did you-" 
"The headmaster. The nurse sent in a report to the headmaster about your injury, the headmaster is aware that you're a hunter, she's communicated with the Association about you many times before your arrival. I had suspicions that it was you, since you were the new student and all, but I guess I was right." Takara cut me off, was my arrival at this school really anticipated?

"Are those vampires still in class?" I asked curiously, Takara went silent for a bit, but eventually responded to me.
"Yes." Takara said to me before we went into the school, we stopped by a bench so I could sit down for a little, being on those crutches sure was tiring. I can't let anyone know that it's actually healed overnight.