Chapter 13- High School Are You Kidding Me?

Start from the beginning

Once we reached school, she met up with Rose and Allie, and I walked into the building myself.
Joining Liv by her locker, I leaned my head against the locker next to hers and shut my eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"I keep thinking too much. I need to be stopped." I said, keeping my eyes shut as I said this.

Olivia rolled her eyes in agreement and smiled. "Yes, you are thinking way too much. Now, get to class. I'll see you later." and with that, she shoved me over to my own locker.

I saw Katherine coming around the corner, but I flattened myself against the locker, and thankfully she just kept walking.

I was confused. Kathrine always took every chance she could to tease me... What changed?

I didn't give it much thought after that. I had to get to class, and even though I had been early for everything else, I didn't want to be late for math.

I walked quickly to class and decided to sit in my old seat. Walking over to it I sat down and sighed. I just wanted to get this class over with. Despite it only being 2 weeks till graduation, the teacher had decided to give us one last outline -a list of every worksheet and lesson- we had to do in the next week. It was getting a bit stressful, but summer was coming soon and I only had a few days left before I was able to leave this place once and for all.
I was going to miss Olivia and Payton though. Taylor, and all of my other friends, Rose and Allie.

Working on getting the outline done, I was alerted by having a paper hit me in the head.

"Sorry!" Someone called from the other side of the classroom. I could tell it was a guy's voice, and I just prayed it wasn't Jacob, or Christopher.

I looked up to see Christopher smiling slyly at me.

"Did you just throw a piece of paper at me?"

"Yes. And it got you to talk to me. I have succeeded."

"At what Chris?"

"Everything."

"Why do you think I would talk to you? Just because you got my attention, doesn't mean I want to speak to you."

He rolled his eyes, looking even more annoyed, but also saddened by that. "Please, Ken."

"Technically you are talking to me," He retorted, smiling bigger.

"Not now." I said. Then gave in, "If you really want to talk to me, then you'll just wait for me to get over this."

"But I gave you time! It's been weeks! And I need you to know the truth."

"I saw you making out with her!" I shouted loudly, and the class turned to look at me. I lowered my voice significantly, and angrily whispered, "If you actually cared you wouldn't even try to talk to me."

"But, because I care about you I want to talk to you! I miss talking to you, and hearing you call me Eleven. Please let me explain," He pleaded.

"Just let me think about it. And go do your math work already!" I gave a hint of a smile at the end of that sentence, but I tried to hide it.

I stared out the window. Now I just kept thinking that maybe I was too hard on him. I refused to forgive him, and all he had done was make out with a blonde. Whoever she was. And we hadn't even been together. But then my mind would yell at me about how he knew I cared about him.

Trying to keep my mind from thinking about Christopher, I emerged myself deeply into all of my math work. Soon enough, class was over and I found myself hurrying through crowded hallways to get to my next class.