Chapter 1- High School Sucks

"Ken, wake up!" I groaned. I opened my eyes to see one of my best friends looking down at me. Her black hair was pulled into a ponytail and her brown eyes shimmered behind her glasses. Her outfit was simple, a purple sweater, jeans and black sneakers.

"Why do you have to wake me up at this ungodly hour Payton!" I said sleepily. Unfazed by my rudeness she just smiled and laughed.

"Oh Kendra, it's 7 o'clock. We have school, you know," She said.

With that I dashed out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and running a brush through my curly brown hair sprinted to my closet. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a white flowy tank top with the deathly hallows sign on it. I slipped on my black glasses over my chocolate brown eyes, and grabbing a denim jacket and throwing it on I ran out the room with Payton following me.

"Pay, you should really wake me up earlier you know!" I yelled over my shoulder as I grabbed all my school stuff. She shook her head and laughed as she tossed me my lunch and phone. Grabbing my breakfast consisting of a apple, I walked towards the door.

"Ken, aren't you forgetting something?" Payton asked looking at me. Noticing my confused look she gestured towards my feet. Looking down at my bare feet I groaned. I ran to the laundry room and grabbed a pair of socks out of my basket before slipping those and black converse on my feet. We ran out the door to her white civic and drove to school.

I'm going to tell you a bit about my high school. The name of it is Kingston High school and its pretty much like every other one you've ever seen. Our mascot is the Phoenix and the hallways were filled with chatter and hormone driven teenagers.

Oh, and its ruled by a drama queen. The royal highnesses name was Katherine Daniels, and she's just like every queen bee you've ever read about. She wears barely any clothes, is a cheerleader (not that I have anything against cheerleaders), and goes after whatever guy she wants, even if she has to destroy someone to get him.

Anyway, getting out of the car was a disaster. I was half asleep from staying up till 1 in the morning watching Doctor Who for the third time on Netflix (what can I say, I have a sweet spot for the Doctor!). Luckily I managed without drawing attention to myself. Walking into the school I braced myself for the taunting and teasing that the day was surely going to be full of. Surprisingly no one noticed me and were whispering excitedly about something.

Payton and I walked to our lockers to find our best friends already standing there. Olivia, Rose, Allie, and Jason were quietly talking when we approached. Olivia's red hair was flowing down her back as she smiled at me. Rose's brown hair was pulled out of her face and into a pony tail, and Allie's blonde hair was curled down her back. As for Jason, well his hair just fell in his eyes.

"What is everyone so excited about?" I asked curiously, unpacking my bag.

"New student. Everyone's talking about him. Apparently he's got a 'bad boy' streak," Jacob said sarcastically. I just laughed at my friends behavior. Putting my bag away and grabbing my needed textbooks I closed my locker door. My friends chattered excitedly around me about something I didn't pick up on.

"Ken, look out! Queen Bee 10 o'clock," Allie whispered into my ear. I prepared myself for the normal verbal smack down I was sure to receive. Kathrine sashayed up to us and put a hand on her hip. Glaring at me she smirked.

"What in the world is that stupid symbol on your shirt?" she asked waiting for me to take action. I simply shrugged.

"If you picked up a book every once in a while and not one of those gossip magazines, you might know that the 'symbol' is the Deathly Hallows," I said coolly. She sneered and looked at her friends.

"At least I learned how to dress properly unlike you who can't tell that you shouldn't wear so much black," She said.

"You know how to dress? Please, you barely wear any clothes. Take a hint Katherine, no one likes your flat butt," I snapped back. Allie and Rose put a hand on my shoulder to tell me to back off. My shoulders un-tensed until someone else stepped into the scene.

His brown hair swept over his blue eyes sparkling with mischief. The black leather jacket he was wearing covered a white t-shirt that clung to his body and his blue skinny jeans covered a good part of his black sneakers. The thing is, he reminded me of a teenage Sirius Black.

"What's going on here?" He asked directing his gaze over to me. As I shifted uncomfortably underneath his gaze Katherine sucked up to him.

"Nothing," She purred putting her hand on his forearm. The guy just shrugged her arm off and sent her a look that stopped her.

"I know that's not the case. Now walk away from this girl before someone gets hurt," He growled towards Katherine. I stood in shock as she pulled away from him and started to walk away before shooting me a glare over her shoulder.

"Thanks, but I was handling it myself," I said readjusting my books in my arms. He shrugged my thanks off and smirked.

"I know you were. I just wanted to stop it before you got detention for punching somebody," He said laughing a bit. I smiled at him and nodded. He stuck his hand out in front of him, "I'm Christopher Grant."

I gave his hand a firm shake, "Kendra, Kendra Stevens."

"It was nice meeting you Kendra. See you around."

A/N

You guys have to be mad at me. I'm supposed to be writing a chapter for ITBOAE and here I am starting a new book. I've been really stumped with my Fanfic, so I thought whilst trying to find out Ideas for that story, I would write another one. I think you guys are gonna like this one!

Anyway My Mischief has been Managed,

Xoxo Poseideons_Fury