i. packed for the special day

Calum watched as his girlfriend of almost a year, their anniversary a few days away, actually, packing his suitcase for their trip to Japan.

A smile formed on his lips just from the sight. This beautiful woman woke up to make him breakfast, massage his feet, and complain not once about it as she got up and did what she was currently doing.

And she was all his...no one else's.

The girl caught sight of the staring boy and flashed a grin before playfully narrowing her eyes at the boy, a hand on her hip.

"Now, what you all big eyed over there for?" Valerie asked, raising a perfectly waxed brow at her boyfriend. He blinked and smirked as he stood and began walking over to her.

"I can't help but to gaze at my baby girl," He wrapped his arms around her thick waist and leaned down to her ear. "Can I do that?" Calum kissed her temple and Valerie let off a squeal which caused the both of them to giggle.

"You're so cute, babe." He said placing another kiss to her head, separating himself and sitting on the bed next to the suitcase.

"So, you ready for the tour?" The brown girl exclaimed, wiggling her brows at the boy as she folded a dark blue 'Maine' shirt.

Calum pursed his lips then slowly smirked as he folded a pair of gym shorts, glancing up at the girl before tossing it into the suitcase.

He shrugged, "Yeah, m'pretty excited," The boy cleared his throat and quickly changed the subject as he continued. "But uh, let's not talk about that right now. How about this special day coming up?" Calum poked her side, bringing a squeal once again from her lips. She swatted his finger and grabbed those same gym shorts to refold them.

Valerie furrowed her brows and tilted her head as she neatly placed them atop of a stack of others. "Special day?" She mumbled but Calum caught her words, furrowing his bushy pair as he jerked his head back.

"Special day? You forgot--"

"Gotcha." She winked and he sucked his teeth.

"You play too much." Calum nudged her with his booted foot, a short chuckle leaving his mouth as a giggle escaped hers.

They fell into a comfortable silence for a moment, Calum just staring at her while she, now, moved to pack her own suitcase.

She wanted to be picky with what she selected because what she packed was what she would wear on their anniversary day.

Valerie smiled to herself as she placed a pair of sandals to the bottom of the bag.

She couldn't believe she was celebrating her freaking one year anni in a place that's all the way across the globe, Japan.

Doesn't get any better than that.

That smile on her face deepened and the Maori boy noticed, standing to his feet and once again wrapping his arms around her waist.

"What you thinking about? It's me aint it?" Calum said playfully, resting his chin on her shoulder. Valerie let off a laugh and shook her head, angling it to look at him.

"Nah, I was thinking of Pete Wentz." She replied, laughing even harder when his grin dropped along with his arms. The smaller girl shook her head, giggles still leaving her lips as she reached for the boy.

"Babe, I was kidding." She wrapped her arms around his neck and pecked his pouted lips. He rolled his eyes, giving in, and bringing his long limbs back around her hips.

"Once again, you play too much."

"I'm sorry, baby. No need to be grumpy though, he'd never compare." Valerie cooed, tip-toeing to give a kiss to his nose. Calum pulled the girl further into him, pressing his forehead to her own.

"You're right. I can play the bass circles around that guy." The boy said, bringing a chuckle from Valerie's lips. She nodded in agreement because it was too true.

Actually, it's what she found most attractive about Calum, the fact he can play the bass so well.

Not that she had much bass knowledge, nope.

She just loved the way he looked when he had one in his hands. And then watching his fingers work that beautiful piece of strings was even better.

She found it weird how she was physically attracted to her boyfriend's hands. It's not like the usual stuff like his lips, his hair, or his chest that girls would find attractive in their guy.

But she couldn't help it. They were so clean, golden, soft, and rough all at the same time and thinking about his hands just brings tingles up her spine.

Valerie shook her head and removed her head from his, "But no, I was thinking about you," She licked her lips and sighed happily. "About us and the fact that I'm going across the world with you. I'm just so happy, Cal."

He smiled down at the girl and kissed her button nose, "M'happy too, babe." The boy cupped her face and met the girl halfway as their lips connected, slowly moving in sync with one another.

Calum could kiss this girl everyday for the rest of his life, if he had the choice. Her full, plump lips fit well with his own, like the perfect puzzle piece.

They kept the kiss paced and sweet, separating just in time before one of them got a bit hot and ready.

"We have to catch our flight." Calum said against her lips, wishing he could stay like this forever. He loved being at home in California with his Valerie, just kicked back in their apartment, not worrying about rehearsal or shows.

But that break only lasted a few months and now it was back to doing his second favorite thing in the world next to being with his babygirl, playing shows with the band.

Valerie pouted because she was ready for something quick before they headed out but now it'll have to wait until they landed. She nodded and muttered an 'okay' then pecking his lips once more before walking to the bathroom.

"Please, babe don't take too long with your makeup." Calum practically begged, pulling his foot through his boot. He knew how long she took to glam up, one, being her boyfriend for a year, and, two, she was a beauty blogger on YouTube so it was like her job to take hours on her face.

Valerie chuckled and turned to face the boy, rolling her eyes.

"Alright, I'll go light and natural for this trip but for our anniversary day I better not hear you complaining."

Calum sighed which turned into a groan, bringing a giggle from Valerie. She stared at the boy for a few seconds longer, eyes full of fond.

"What you all big eyed over there for?" Calum mimicked the girl's previous words, a smirk on his face when she smiled.

"I can't help but gaze at my baby boy. Can I do that?" She answered, mimicking his words. Calum short chuckled and shook his head.

"I love you, Val." He said, causing the girl to bite her bottom lip to prevent smiling harder though her stupid boyfriend isn't making it any easier by saying cute things.

Yet, that wide grin found her lips and she replied, "I love you, too."

CALUM IS TOO SWEET I LITERALLY HAVE A CAVITY AS WE SPEAK!!! OKAY SO THIS IS NEW AND I LITERALLY CAME UP WITH THIS BY LISTENING TO VALERIE BY THE WEEKEND AND MY FINGERS JUST TYPED AWAY BUT ANYWAY THE GIRL (VALERIE) IS ELISA OR 'SHANTRINAS' FROM YOUTUBE SO CHECK HER OUT! I WANTED TO USE A DIFFERENT KI ND OF LEADING LADY AND SHE WAS PERFECT FOR IT ANYWAY PLS COMMENT AND VOTE! LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK! :] THE NEXT CHAPTER WE TOUCHING DOWN IN J A P A N!

*that's how she looked when they bordered the plane*

Love y'all and ttyl ♡