Chapter 34 - Kiss Me, Initiate.

Corrine

Roy keeps pulling me down different hallways. My heart is racing so fast I can feel my chest straining to contain it. I don't know what I'll do if I'm too late getting to Eric.

"They're in here." Roy says quietly.

I step in front of him, looking through the doorway to see three guards inside. Eric, Finn, and Marie are on their knees in front of them, gun barrels pressed to their heads.

"We have to move now!" I whisper yell at Roy. He nods as quickly move through the door way, firing off a shot and hitting the guard closest to me.

It was enough of a distraction for Eric and Finn to make a move and tackle the guards in front of them, Marie stood up and ran towards me and I pushed her behind me to keep her safe.

Eric and Finn wrestle with the guards until they're able to get the weapons away from them, shooting the guards with no other choice. I'm breathing heavy and sweating profusely as my eyes meet Eric's. He stands at a distance, and never lets his eyes leave mine.

My body shoots forward, rushing towards him and jumping into his strong arms. My arms wrap tightly around his neck, and his immediately engulf me around my waist.

"You're okay." I say into his ear.

"I am now that I know you're still alive. Dammit Corrine, stop leaving me." He almost growls into the crook my neck.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." I sob on his shoulder, rubbing hands over his neck and in his hair.

" I sob on his shoulder, rubbing hands over his neck and in his hair

"I'm never letting you out of sight again. Do you understand?" He says with authority.

"Yes." I sigh.

"Good. Now kiss me, initiate." He says, pulling away enough to place his face in front of mine. I smile and lush through my tears before I hungrily attach my lips to his.

Nothing has ever felt as right as this. When I kiss Eric, I don't where I begin and he ends. And if I'm going to be Divergent, and I'm going to be running the rest of my life, I want it to be with him.

"Guys...we have to go." Finn says, clearing his throat. Eric and I reluctantly pull away from each other. And before I realize what's happening, Eric is stomping towards Roy with a purpose.

"I'm going to kill you." Eric says as he points at Roy, who looks like he's scared out of his mind. I rush forward and get between Eric and Roy.

"Eric, stop. He saved my life." I say.

"He's also the reason we are here in the first place. His father was going to turn you into some kind of lab experiment Corrine!" Eric tries to shove passed me but I stop him again.

"I'd be dead if it weren't for him. He didn't know what they were planning." I explain as calmly as I can. Eric chest is rising and falling with his labored breathing.