what if || ishida mitsunari

Set in the modern times

-

"Hey, Mitsu-kun!" A young girl, who was surely no older than 6, sat down next to a white haired boy, who was sitting in the cool shade of a tree.

The boy sighed. "What is it?"

"What if I told you that I was the princess of another world?" She smiled, leaning closer to 'Mitsu-kun'.

"I wouldn't believe you." Was the boy's reply.

The girl pouted. "Well, what if I told you that it was true? And you're my partner in crime?"

"I still wouldn't believe you." The boy sighed and stood up, walking away.

"Oiiiii Mitsu-kun!" The girl called out, hurriedly running after the white haired boy.

-

"Mitsu-kun~" The girl said in a sing-song voice, now older. She rest her head on the now older 'Mitsu-kun's shoulder.

"What is it?" He glared at her, taking his eyes off the book he was reading.

"What if I told you that you are my best friend forever?" The girl winked at him playfully.

"I would think that you're joking." The white haired boy scoffed and went back to reading his book.

"It's true, though!" The girl whined, hugging him tightly. "Alright, what if I told you that I'm now the QUEEN of that other world, and you were now my right-hand man?"

'Mitsu-kun' snapped his book shut and walked out of the room, irritated at the girl's actions.

She sighed and frowned. "It's really true, Mitsunari. Even if you take out the 'best friend' part.." She whispered, touching her chest.

It hurt.

-

"Mitsunari." The girl started, looking at the white haired boy with serious eyes.

"(L/N)." Mitsunari replied. "What's the meaning of this?"

He's never seen her so serious before.

"How should I say this..." The girl sighed, "Sorry, I'm leaving." She grinned, sending Mitsunari a wink.

"Leaving?" He repeated. "You can't be serious." Mitsunari's eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes full of emotion.

"It's true, though." The girl shrugged, "Mom and dad work in the same company, and they both got job offers in the USA, so..."

The white haired boy grabbed the girl's shoulders and squeezed them tightly, "You're joking." He said, squeezing harder and making the girl wince in pain.

"Mitsu-"

"YOU'RE NOT LEAVING, RIGHT? YOU'RE NOT LEAVING ME ALONE HERE. NOT EVER." Mitsunari's voice quivered. Looking into his eyes, the girl saw fear, sadness, and anger.

"Mitsunari, y-you're.... hurting... me.." She managed to say, the white haired boy's fingers digging in deeper in her shoulders.

When he didn't reply, she repeated, "M-Mitsunari-"

"NO!" He yelled, "'MITSU-KUN'! YOU MUST CALL ME THAT, OKAY?!?" Mitsunari was shaking. He didn't want to lose her. Not now.

"I-I'm sorry, Mitsunari..." The girl smiled at him sadly, "...but.."

"This isn't a 'what-if' scenario."

-

i get the weirdest ideas at 2:30 am lmao

pretty short but whatever

anyway, enjoy this angsty thing(?) i guess