Honeymoon Stage II

It's already 12 pm and it's time for lunch at Le Bristol Paris. Clark woke up sated in every way. He smiled to himself thinking of how his wife, Leah, is as insatiable as he was and possibly even more. He was about to reach out to Leah only to find Leah's side of the bed empty. Clark sat up to find Leah gorging on fried bacon strips and ripe mango slices. Bacon strips and mango slices?! What an odd combination. He attempted to reach out to her and fell off the bed.

"Magandang hapon, Hubby!" Leah sang out as she stood up, still holding bacon and mangoes, and walked towards Clark. "Okay ka lang ba?"

Clark looked up and smiled. He pushed himself off the floor. "Ok lang, Wifey."

Clark was wearing nothing but boxers and as Leah is wont to do, her eyes travel all the way to his abs and she loses focus. Again, her jaw drops. Just like when they were in SanFo. Leah blushes furiously  as she turns to place the bacon and mangoes on the table as Clark hugs her from behind.

"Eh ikaw, Wifey? Ok ka lang ba?"

"Oo bakit?"

Clark wraps his arms around her waist and places his chin on Leah's shoulder.

"Nakita mo lang abs ko, natulala ka na naman eh. Parang hindi mo sya nakita kagabi o kanina."

Leah turned to slap Clark's arm.

"Ang feeling mo! Pero totoo naman. Kahit noon pa man sa SanFo gustong gusto ko na ang mga abs mo."

Leah's grinning from ear to ear while Clark was rendered speechless.

"O ano, Hubby? Ba't ikaw na naman ang tulala dyan? Kinikilig ka ano?"

Clark squeezes Leah's waist as he kisses her neck. She could feel his lips smiling.

"Obvious ba?"

Clark lets go of Leah to sit on a chair and pulls Leah to sit on his lap as he takes a sip of water and proceeds to munch on a bagel. Leah wraps her arm around Clark's neck.

"Hubby, kain ka muna. Nauna na ako. Pinagod mo kasi ako eh."

Clark almost chokes on his bagel.

"Wifey ha...nahahalata ko na. Paano yung kanina? Ikaw...pinagod mo ako."

Leah removes her arm from Clark's neck.

"Bakit? Ayaw mo?"

"Gusto! Gustong-gusto. Naninibago lang ako." Clark says soothingly as he takes her arm and wraps it around his neck again. "Bilis naman magtampo ng Wifey ko." He kisses her temple. "Don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying this. Plus, you're being more forthcoming than the usual. I like it. I hope you don't stop doing it. I just wonder what made you like this. What changed?"

Leah cocked her head to one side as she leans on Clark's forehead.

"Maraming nagbago, Hubby. Syempre, naging mag-asawa tayo tapos nagkahiwalay tayo tapos andito tayo ulit. Mag-asawa na at for good na this time. Ayokong may masayang na pagkakataon habang magkasama tayo. Gusto ko palagi tayong nag-uusap kasi isa yun sa mga dahilan ng mga away away natin noon. At ayoko nang maulit ang mga panahong nagkahiwalay tayo."

"Wifey, honeymoon natin, yan ang pag-uusapan natin?"

"Hubby, hindi mo naman ako sineseryoso eh!" Leah stood up and moved to the chair by the window only to start sulking.

Clark grins mischievously as he wipes his hands using a table napkin and walks over to Leah to kneel in front of her. He takes her hands into his.

"Wifey, sineseryoso kita. Nakikinig naman ako sa lahat ng sinasabi mo eh. Besides, bata pa tayo nun. We both made mistakes. For a marriage to work, we need two people willing to work and fight for it. Hindi ka nag-iisa. Nandito ako. Partner mo ako sa lahat. Naalala mo sa wedding vows natin?"