10

Hey, want to come over so we can work on our project?

Theo texted me as I was driving home from school,

Sure, I'll be there at four.

​I might be done with him, but I needed a good grade. I can't deal with another fail after science. I pulled into my driveway, the shiny red car was there also. I unlocked the front door and stepped inside, Zach was on the couch with Sarah, working on what looked like schoolwork. He ignored me, didn't even look up at me, Sarah smiled and waved, but that was all the notice I got. I cleared my throat, still nothing. I threw my backpack on the ground angrily and stormed upstairs. There wasn't long before I needed to go to Theo's, so I calmed down, went downstairs and grabbed something to eat before heading off again. I arrived at Theo's a little after four, and he was there to greet me at the door.

"My mom's asleep, we'll have to work in my room." Theo whispered, jerking his thumb to the couch, where a woman with the same tan skin and dark hair as Theo lay asleep. I nodded my head and followed him upstairs,

"Where's your dad?" I asked when he shut the door to his bedroom.

"Business trips," Theo said simply with a wave of his hand, I nodded my head and we sat there awkwardly for a minute.

''So let's get to work!" He said, clasping his hands together, we knelt down on his soft grey carpet and pulled out of report and essay.

"Is Luke coming at all?" I asked, Theo shook his head.

"No, he's sick, so it's just the two of us," he winked playfully, I blushed and looked down.

"I love making you blush, it's adorable, he laughed and I shook my head.

"I can't help it," I responded, rolling my eyes, he just laughed and kept working. An hour into our time, we were laughing and talking when my phone buzzed and I glanced at it, a text from Angel.

Theo and Delaney kissed

That was all that was said, and I thought this day couldn't get any worse. It honestly broke my heart, I thought I was done with him.

"What's wrong? You don't look happy," Theo said, studying my face.

"So, you and Delaney, huh?" I asked accusingly.

"Oh, that," Theo responded, looking down.

"So when did you kiss her?" I asked bitterly.

"Yesterday."

"Before we went to the park?" I asked, my voice cracking, he nodded solemnly. "Theo you can't just go from girl to girl!" I said, raising my voice. "I'm not your side chick!"

"I know, I just...wasn't thinking. I went to the mall with Drew and we happened to see Delaney and her friends there and one thing lead to another..." He looked up at me, a worried expression on his face. "Blaire I'm sorry," the doorbell rang.

"Well it's a good thing you have company now because I'm leaving," I responded coldly, standing up. I stormed downstairs, Theo following me, grabbed my coat and swung open the door.

"Surprise! Oh...is Theo there?"

It was Delaney, peering behind me with a hopeful expression on her face. I turned to look at Theo, my eyes welling up. I pushed past Delaney to my car,

"Blaire, wait!" He called. "Delaney, now isn't a good time, I'll see you at school tomorrow." I heard him mumbling to her, I didn't hear her response because I got in the car and drove away. The tears didn't spill over until I stepped in my house, sinking to my knees, sobbing, with Zach, of course, pretending like I wasn't there.