Entry Fourteen

Entry Fourteen

07-08-2012

It was pretty early when I heard the door creak open. A sudden fear coursed through me as my first instinct hammered that it was Arlo. My breath was strangled in my throat and I just sat upright in bed with big unblinking eyes.

Though, when I saw Shay’s silhouette, my eyes went back to their normal size, my shoulders deflated and my breath whizzed out of my mouth, filling my lungs with oxygen again. He came to me in a few hurried and long strides and engulfed me into his big arms. I willing slumped into him; he was home, he was safety.

“Nightmare?” he gently questioned as he soothed my hair lovingly. A small smile made its way to my lips and I shook my head.

“No, I was just surprised,” I replied. I picked my head up from his chest and looked into his beautiful grey eyes, “but why are you here so early?”

“I’m leaving, to Hampshire in about two hours,” he replied tightly. A small gasp escaped my mouth as I realized what Arlo was doing. He was sending Shay home.

“It’s going to be fine,” I said while caressing his cheek gently. He tilted his head slightly and kissed my palm. A small but genuine smile crept onto his rosy lips. I couldn’t help it so I gave him a little peck on his lips which made his smile bloom into a fully fledged grin.

He made me lay back down while he lay next to me, his hands holding my shoulder while I wrapped my hands around his torso. It felt so normal and comfortable, as if we had been together for years. In a matter of minutes, I felt the comfort of his body lulling me into sleep and I faintly made out what he said.

“If mum was alive, she’d be proud I found a gem like you,” he whispered, I could tell he was smiling fondly. My heart tugged in my heart as he said this. He kissed my forehead and with that I drifted off into sleep.

I woke up to an empty bed. I just hope he’ll be okay, and while he’s there, I’ll patiently wait for him. My hero, I think I’ve finally completely fallen in love with him.

He’s not just my kidnapper anymore. He’s my savior, my hero and best of all; he’s the man I’m willing to die for.

-End of entry

The cold wind blew, whistling around all the busy people bustling through the street. His eyes were focused like a hawk on the passing people as he sipped on his coffee. Shay had been sitting on the exact same spot for the last 3 hours, drank five cups of coffee yet he had no clue who to start stalking. He could partly blame his unfocused attention for the lack of progress, but his mind kept wandering to detective Fredrick Brown; one of the thirteen detective that are always on Arlo’s trail, and one of the three detectives that Arlo is actually wary of. Fredrick’s headquarters were in North of Hampshire and Shay’s wheels had been turning ever since he got to Hampshire.

He disposed his fifth cup of coffee and got up; he couldn’t find Arlo a new girl unless he did this. He pulled his hoodie tightly around his head and stuffed his hands in his pocket. With that, he hailed a cab and headed down north.

*                           *                              *

The building was an ordinary red brick building that stood brightly against the cloudy British sky. It looked warm and inviting with orange lights illuminating the grim stained windows. Shay took one deep breath and made his way to the entrance. He was fully alert; he processed everything as he walked into the hustling office. The three camera’s on the ceiling and the forth one cleverly disguised behind a small pot plant, he looked directly at that one and smirked; the gun snuggly resting against the secretary’s thigh under her black pencil skirt and tiny sound recorders that were stuck around the room and to normal eyes, would look like nothing more than a random bolt.