Entry Nine

Entry Nine

23-07-2012

He frisked into the room first thing in the morning. A big goofy grin adorned his beautiful features. The glint in his eyes, the softness of his features and his mere smile left me breathless and paralyzed. I just stared at him like a douche as he strutted into the kitchen with a plastic full of groceries. He dropped the bag of goodies on the shabby kitchen counter and then he started making his way towards me while I was still frozen at the door of my room, just as I was when he walked in. All I could think was, ‘did I not make myself clear last night?’

‘Morning, senorita,’

He wasn’t paying attention to where he was walking and so, as the idiot he is, he didn’t notice the weights lying on the floor. Next thing I know, his hands are flaying in the air while his foot latched in the small space between the floor and the curve of the weight. He went and banged the floor face first, no doubt, giving the floor a nice sloppy kiss in the process. A roar of uncontrollable laughter bubbled out of me and before I knew it, I was on the floor, clutching my tummy with tears sliding down the side of my face; it was hilarious.

When I finally gained some control over the laughter fit I had, I managed to sit up. My eyes locked with his already staring soft gaze; the way he looked at me made my heart skip a very small beat and my stomach had the tiniest little flutter, but it was enough to snap me out of my vulnerable state. I can’t afford to have racing hearts and butterflies for a man who’ll probably get his pay from the money they’ll receive after selling me. Hence there I went again, putting on my poker face.

“This is nice, I would love to wake up every morning just to see someone I hate fall face first,” I smirked. I saw the softness leak out of his eyes and for a moment, just a fraction of a second, I saw hurt. I hate hurting him, but that’s life, we can’t always do things we want to. I have to look out for myself because he, sure as hell, won’t.

He got over the initial shock of what I said and started smiling again. I couldn’t help thinking he’s gone loony. He got up from the floor and straightened his red t-shirt. He looked really good in his plain red t-shirt, black jeans and signature combat boots. It was the first time I saw him wearing something other than black. He stared back at me with his mischievous eyes and a very cocky smirk. I stared at him, still thinking he’s gone loony.

“But we both know you don’t hate me darling,”

“Who knew you had a side to you that wasn’t so dark,” I retorted.

His gaze became sad and I hated myself for caring about hurting him. I wanted to hurt him from the very beginning didn’t I?

“I wasn’t always like this, Aalia,” he whispered.

“But this is what you are now, Shay,” I whispered back, “and that’s what really counts.”

With that I walked away from him and into the bathroom. I had to get away from him. I stripped of my sweaty clothes and turned the shower on, while I waited for the water to become hot, I brushed my teeth. I couldn’t help wince at my reflection; sure I had lost some weight but the bruises on my cheek that Arlo had delivered to me looked painfully disgusting in their bluish black glory. I couldn’t help but think how Shay never hurts me and how he never tries to touch me, sure he’s got some anger issues and bruised me once by mistake, but never anything intentionally.

I have been sitting here for some time now, the place smells so delicious. I wonder what Shay is up to, I think I’ll go and check.

-End of Entry