The Invention of BOYS! Chapter 9

Jais hasn’t crossed my path for a month not including the fact that we sit next to each other in Reading. Not by chose though.

 I’m excited. First off, today in science, I'm going to find out which grade won the candle sells, secondly, I'm having a sleepover with my new friends and old friends thirdly, me and my friends are going to Josh's game today!!! Ok, ok, ok it's Luke's game... But Josh is on the team and he's the only reason why I'm going. Then Skip's game is after that, so it's possible that I can hang out with Josh while catching up with my friends. What could go wrong?

"What's up with the stupid smile?" Karven asked that morning on the bus.

"Nothing, just gunna have the best sleepover ever!" I said.

"You didn’t invite me! We could do our nails and make-up," Karen teased.

"There's going to be over 13 girls there." I informed him

"13? Don't you think that's a lot?" Karven asked.

"Not really. Some of them aren't staying for the sleepover part. They're just coming over to visit and watched tonight’s game." I said. "

"You watch football?" Karven asked.

"No, but I have tons of school spirit," I said.

"Your gunna flirt with Josh aren’t ya?" Karven asked.

"You know me to well!" I said.

"I’m going to the game to ya know," Karven said.

"Oh... My friends haven’t really been around guys... So be nice," I said.

"M-kay," Karven said. "That means they're single..." I rolled my eyes.

"One isn’t," I said.

"Darn it!" Karven said. I rolled my eyes again.

***

"You’re still coming to the party right?" I asked Teri in math.

Yup! Yup! Yup!" Teri said.

"It's gunna be soo fun! My friend Sion is gunna give us makeovers... If you don’t mind," I said.

"There's going to be candy right?" Teri asked.

"Just not after mid-night," I said.

"Cool!!!" Teri said.

***

"I’m so nervous!!!" Josh said in reading.

"For what?" I asked.

"The game and the candle sell." Josh said.

"Relax, you'll do fine... I should be nervous about the game. I’m bringing my friends to their first game," I said.

"What’s there to worry about?" Josh asked.

"You haven't met my friends...." I said. Josh chuckled.

***

"Do you think we won?" Christina asked.

"I hope so," I said.

"I know so," Karven said.

"How?" Christina asked. Karven shrugged.

"Just guessing," Karven said as Mr. Mabin walked in.

"Before we start I have exciting news. First off, 9th graders won the candle sell. Secondly we're having our football and soccer game tonight. It's the first time we're going two games in one night." Mr.Mabin said. Everyone stayed quite. Mr. Mabin isn't very nice when we get to loud. There were a few people whispering "Yes!" others were whispering to their friends.