Chapter Six

@MadisonLowery5
"Mommy! Aunt Tonya is here!" Avery skipped into the kitchen dressed in her Cinderella gown she had gotten on our Disney trip last off season, my best friend in tow as she pulled her along with her.

"Hey!" I looked up from the mixing bowl that had been occupying the majority of my attention this morning, "I didn't know you were stopping by."

"I figured I'd just pop in and see what kind of exciting things were going on in the Watt household." Tonya smiled at Avery before squatting down and attacking her abdomen with her long fingers sending my daughter into a fit of giggles.

Avery panted trying to catch her breath as Tonya stood up straight and set her purse on my kitchen table

"Long time no see chickadee. How has everything been?"

"Things are good. I can't really complain." I smiled as she took a seat at the kitchen island looking on as I went about my domesticated ways, "Things have been just a little stressful lately as I'm sure you can imagine. J's got that big game on Saturday... please pray to God that they win because I don't know that I can handle him if they don't. You guys are coming, right?"

Tonya chuckled and I was sure it was my comment about JJ but it was the truth, no one wanted them to pull of this win more than me. Well, okay maybe I was second to JJ but still. I did not want to deal with the aftermath of a loss this far into the season.

"Absolutely, we wouldn't miss it."

"How have things been with your and Vonte?" The smile grew on her face and I couldn't help but to smile with her, I was so thankful that she had found happiness. She deserved it, "You getting ready for that wife life?"

"You have no idea." A blush crept across her cheeks and she was radiating, "Three months and four days."

"Oh my gosh." My eyes widened in surprise and I realized that it was approaching much quicker than I thought. I had been so occupied with the football season and the holidays and the everyday duties that a mother of 3 has.

She bobbed her head, the smile never once leaving her face. I was just happy that she found such joy in her relationship with Vonte. He was as sweet as could be and treated her like a queen.  JJ and I really enjoyed spending time with the two of them and always looked forward to our double dates, which usually take place in the off season due to various reasons. However they came out to a lot of games and spent time at the house with us during the season. The kids adored their new "uncle" and we welcomed him with open arms. I was just happy that my best friend was marrying a guy that got along with my husband so well, Tonya and I had always hoped that we'd have husbands that could have a friendship as great as ours.

"I've been working on ideas for your bachelorette party. We have so many dates up in the air right not and I have no idea when J plans on heading to Wisconsin. He hasn't wanted to commit to a date and it's driving me freaking crazy." I shook my head, frustrated just thinking about it, "I did start packing some of the kid's things but it's so up in the air."

"I completely understand. I trust you and I know that whatever you're planning will be great, no worries girl." Tonya chuckled, "I definitely don't envy your situation, and I can't imagine changing back and forth between locations like that every year."

"You have no idea." I shook my head, the task of packing up 3 kids, myself and my husband twice a year to from Texas to Wisconsin and then back again was enough to make me want to pull my hair out, "Granted I'm really just packing clothes but I swear... I pack for myself and the kids and I end up doing about 95% of JJ's packing... I'm just glad that last season I was able to at least talk him into getting a vehicle to leave in Wisconsin."