I just giggled and got ready. I don't know why but I feel nervous.

"Kate!" Once I heard Stella shout, I snapped out of my nervous state and tried to be calm and confident.

I grabbed my purse and exited my room. I walked down the stairs and saw Marc standing beside Stella. He wore a black tux with a dark blue tie. His hair was brushed up and he looked gorgeous.

Kate! Get it together! You're not supposed to like him!

I reached the last step of my stairs and the siblings were smiling at me widely.

"I'll go to the car..." Stella said. I shot her glare for leaving me with this arrogant man. I watched her leave.

"You look beautiful." He said while staring at me.

"You too. I mean, you look not so bad either." I mentally slapped myself from saying that. He chuckled and said, "Let's go."

He grabbed my hand and led me to the car. Once we got out of my place, I saw a middle-aged man at the side of the car.

"Who's that?" I asked while nearing the car.

We stopped and the man smiled.

"Mr. Collins, Ms. Jones. I'm Vic, your driver."

"Hello, Vic."

He gestured for us to get in the car. I thanked him and we slid in the car. Stella was sitting near the opposite door. I sat beside her and Marc sat beside me. So basically I'm between the Collins siblings.

"Kate, you excited?" Stella asked as she nudged me.

"I guess..." I shrugged.

Marc was quiet the whole ride. Stella and I were talking about some socialites who are attending the ball.

"We're here, sir, mam." Vic suddenly said.

"You ready?" Stella asked while she winked.

"Yeah..." I said quietly.

Vic opened the door for us and Stella got out quickly. I guess she needed to check how the party was going.

I was left alone with Marc. I shifted awkwardly and waited for him to get out.

He smiled at me and finally got out. He then held out his hand. I hesitated but then put my little hand over his.

Once I got out, Marc held me by the waist. "You're my date, remember?" My heart raced at his remark.

"Let's go." He said while giving me a little push. Both of us walked and entered the ballroom.

Once we were inside, all eyes were on us. People kept murmuring. "Who is she?", "Is she Marc's new girlfriend?" "Where did she come from?" "Is she some kind of whore?" Some people whispered.

Then someone cleared their throat. "Let us introduce the founder of the organization. Let us welcome, Sean Collins!" Both Marc and I turned our heads at the stage and saw Carla. I mouthed 'thank you' for saving us from those stares.

"Let's get to our seats." Marc said while pulling my hand.

We sat with Jane. "Glad you could make it, Kate."

"Of course, Jane. I wouldn't miss the charity ball. I would gladly help the poor."

Dinner was served and it looked delicious. In the middle of dinner, the entrance opened and a beautiful lady appeared. She wore a yellow backless gown. Her cleavage was quite low and her gown has slits at both sides of the dress. She had the face of a goddess.