Chapter Twenty-Three

...TWO WEEKS LATER...
...RILES POV...
.
.
.
I could hear people talking, but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

I didn't recognize the voices either.

A small, warm weight was on my throat, I felt my hand twitch, and the voices stopped.

The weight on my throat moved, moving onto my chest and something soft lightly touched my nose.

My eyes felt heavy, "Bruce, she moved, she is waking up,".

My hand twitched again, "It seems that the reversal works faster on her than other people,".

The warm weight moved, leaving four points of pressure on my chest.

Footsteps for closer to me, "Riles?" A voice asked, who's Riles? That other man called me Riles, is that my name? I thought to myself.

My eyes started feeling lighter, the weight shifted onto my left side.

My eyes finally feeling rid of the weight fluttered open, revealing a group of people I didn't recognize.
.
.
.
...PIETRO POV...
.
.
.
Bruce told us that he was gonna wake Riles up.

Finally, Cas hadn't left the infirmary.

We all gathered beside Riles bed, the others started to discuss what they would do if she didn't have her memory.

I saw her hand twitch, "Bruce, she moved she is waking up," I announced.

"It seems the reversal works faster on her than on other people," Bruce observed.

Cas got up from her throat and moved to her chest and stood up on her chest, lightly set a paw on her nose.

"Riles?" Tony asked unsure, after a few moments her eyes finally opened, instantly becoming slits.

She looked at us, confusion taking her features.

A pang of pain filled my chest, she didn't remember us, did she?

The next words that came out of her mouth proved it, "Who are you?"