0.4

"It's been such a long day, I'm exhausted." Brooke whined as she flopped down onto the hotel room bed. 
" Mhm same." I said as I scrolled through Twitter.
All of a sudden a text popped up on my phone.

Unknown number: Hey Nicole, it's Wes:)

My heart started racing and as I smiled down at the text

"Brooke, Wes just texted me."

" Omg no way, text him back right now!!"

Before I did that I added him as a contact, plus I didn't want to respond back to fast and look creepy.

Me: Oh hey Wes !!

We're the exclamation points too much? Well it's too late now I already sent it..

He responded back about 2 minutes later

Wes: How are you beautiful?

Me: I'm doing pretty good, yourself?

Wes: I'm amazing. Are you doing anything tomorrow?

Me: Nope

Wes: Good:) how about Starbucks at 12:00 ?

Me: that sounds great

Wes: Great, I'll text you tomorrow;)

What the hell is going on. I'm hanging out with Wes tomorrow!!!

"So Brooke me and Wes are gonna go to Starbucks tomorrow." I said trying to sound casual.

"Nicole!!! Oh my god that's  so amazing! I'm so happy for you!"

"Aw thank you, I just hope I'm not super awkward tomorrow..."

" you won't be, it'll go perfectly." Brooke says as she hugged me.
                         •••
It was around 12:00 at night and I couldn't sleep. All that was in my mind was Wes. I'm so nervous and excited that I can't even sleep. Ugh why can't it just be tomorrow already.

                  The next morning

I woke up to the sound of Brooke loudly making coffee. I groaned as I looked at the clock. It was 10:30!
I jumped out of bed and immediately started looking for an outfit

"What are you doing?" Brooke asked confused

" Um I have to get ready, I'm hanging out with Wes at 12:00 and it's already 10:30!"

"Oh shit I totally forgot about the time" Brooke said as she poured coffee into a mug

I picked out  high waisted shorts and a blue t-shirt crop top to wear with my black and white converse. It was casual yet still cute. I started to straighten my hair. I put on some music and just tried to relax a little.

I was almost done with my makeup, just applying some Chapstick when I got a text from Wes.

Wes: I'm on my way, which hotel room are you in?

Me: Room # 64

Wes: ok see you soon:)

Oh my god it's almost time to see Wes. All I could do now was wait.

Brooke and I were talking about all the "date" dos and donts, she also gave me some helpful conversation starters in case things got awkward.
I was giving myself a final look in the mirror when there was a knock on the door.