Chapter 25

Today is the day. It is the day that Jonah and I's lives change for the better. This is the day that will forever change our teenage years, making us into proud parents. The day I was yearning for, but waiting for. I finally get to have a child with Jonah and I am incredibly happy to finally live happily ever after with him and our baby.

I push on the gas pedal a little too hard and the car excelerates.

"Slow down, babe." Jonah says, looking over at me.

"Sorry, nerves got the best of me."

He leaned over and kissed me as I parked at a red light. As it turned green, I hit the gas pedal softly and soared through the streets, all the way to the hospital Allison was at.

I parked the car in the back of the parking lot because the rest of it was packed with other patients and all. We began to speed walk as fast as we can to get in there and be apart of the birthing. 

"Can I help you?" the slighty older nurse said to us.

"We are here for Allison. Allison Bantheta."

"She is in room 205. That will be upstairs." she smiled at us.

"Thank you." we both said as we rushed to get in the elevator.

When we got on the second floor, we rushed over to her room and walked in seeing her pushing already. 

"You guys can't be in her right now." one doctor said.

"I'm the father." Jonah said.

Even though those words stung, I stayed calm.

The doctor gave us scrubs to change in and we got to watch Allison give birth to our new son.

An hour later, Allison was laying in bed resting and holding the baby boy. She was saying her goodbyes and was saying everything she had to.

"You don't have to be completely out the babies life, you know that." I said.

"I know," she said, "but I want you to be able to raise him together. You and Jonah. I know I'm the mother, but I can't pop in and out of his life randomly."

I rubbed her shoulder. "He will always know who you are. You are welcome to see him and let him stay with you whenever you want."

She smiled. "Thank you."

I walked out of the room and found Jonah walking towards me with a water and some chips. 

"Here you go, babe." he smiled and kissed me.

"Thank you." I kissed him back.

We sat down in the lounge chairs and began to eat our chips and take a sip of water. We didn't talk about anything, not even about our newborn baby. We ate in silence, knowning that today our lives have begun to fully change and become so much greater than they really are.